IPT Support Engineer
IPT Support Engineer
Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester
Salary: Competitive, DOE
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, core support hours will be 8am-8pm Monday to Friday, there will also be a requirement to participate to provide out of hours support on a rota basis
This is a hands-on, Support Engineer position that requires a broad range of network access skills including DSL, VOIP protocols (SIP), SS7 and Q931 including the interoperability between IP and TDM environments. Your primary responsibility will be the effective resolution of customer faults. You will need to be an area expert and able to demonstrate a proven track record of working with IP Telephony products in a large-scale, converged IP/TDM network.
Support will be provided across a range of IPT products Gamma provide and a high degree of technical knowledge as well as the ability to articulate in a language understood by both our Partners/Resellers and their Engineers.
- To Provide technical support activity for Gamma VOIP Products to Channel Partners
- Provisioning Support of Gamma IP/IPT products mainly complex interconnects
- Troubleshoot networking/internetworking problems in a methodical and timely approach
- To be able to liaise with Gamma Product/Engineering/commercial including third party vendors in relation to IPT products.
- Use the Gamma Support Trouble Ticket Queue Database to receive workflow related data
- Possess the ability to drive issues to resolution in order to meet customer service level agreements and customer expectations.
- Improve Engineering documentation to drive efficiency and productivity
- Must be a self-starter, proactive, highly organized, and capable of working well with individuals at all levels in the organization. Will possess good interpersonal, written, oral, and analytical skills, as well as being innovative and dedicated.
Applicants will typically be qualified to degree level in telecommunications or a related technical discipline, have demonstrable expertise in IP technology and experience in a technical customer facing role in a support environment.
- IP Literate
- Knowledge and understanding of Broadband Access Products
- Cisco Router /Media Gateway understanding and configuration
- Protocols SIP/H323/Q931 and C7
- Ability to be a Team Member, but also able to work under own initiative
- Unix skills preferable
- General TDM switching background desirable (Ericsson/Nortel)
- Session Border Control (Genband/ACME) Principles and hands on experience a distinct advantage
- Hosted Telephony (Broad soft) Principles and hands on experience a distinct advantage.
Please note that this job description is not an exhaustive representation of the role and its duties. The job holder will be expected to undertake other duties as reasonably requested by their line manager.
Closing Date: Thursday 16 November 2017
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on "APPLY" today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959503849