Cloud Infrastructure Engineer -Azure & Office 365
Cloud Infrastructure Engineer ?Azure & Office 365
Fantastic opportunity for a Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer with expertise in Azure and Office365 to join a large-scale multinational household brand name company. You?ll play a senior role in the design, implementation and support of the core IT infrastructure for the business, with a particular focus on supporting a major enterprise scale shift to Cloud Data Centres (Azure) and supporting Office365 globally.
You?ll be joining the organisation during a period of significant IT change and as such, there is considerable opportunity for involvement in strategic changes and project work associated with these infrastructure strategies and improvements. It is a genuinely exciting time to join this business which will offer significant potential to enhance and grow your career.
What you?ll do:
- Technical design, implementation and support of infrastructure services covering Data Centre Services, including Data Centre Infrastructure, Core Windows Technologies and Virtualisation across a hybrid cloud model ? On Prem, Public and Private (both AWS and Azure).
- Technical lead working in a matrix organization with Service Delivery Managers and Infrastructure Analysts for projects and BAU activities within agreed scope and timeframe
- Support the business as a senior escalation point for major incidents
- Act as the an Office365 Subject Matter Expert, assisting troubleshooting (Sync issues, major issues effecting platform etc).
- Plan and execute changes in accordance with Service Delivery Management and Change Management policies and processes.
- Documenting procedures, processes and high and low-level designs
- Support the development of technical Design Authority to Define and deliver appropriate enterprise level technical strategies, processes and solutions in line with industry, division and group standards.
- Research and keep up-to-date with current and emerging technologies,
- Work collaboratively with support teams/colleagues, suppliers and group to deliver technical solutions per business requirements
What you?ll need:
- A strong core Data Centre skillset with experience of designing and Supporting Virtual Environments (ideally VMWare)
- Strong, enterprise-scale experience of designing and supporting Azure (full PaaS Cloud Data Centre architecture? not just back-ups). Azure experience is essential, AWS would also be desirable.
- Strong Office365 experience- assisting troubleshooting (Sync issues, major issues effecting platform).
- Experience of implementing and supporting Windows Server and Desktop Infrastructure
- Knowledge of high availability configurations, backups and DR tools
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral with the ability to explain technical issues to non-technical audience
- Good understanding of existing and emerging technologies and related practices
Position paying up to £50,000.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959497914