System Enginering Manager
The main purpose of the Engineering Manager is to plan and coordinate the whole engineering activities for the system within the constraints provided by the agreed architecture and design policy in order to satisfy customer requirements and ensures global development consistency.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Engineering Manager will have use the design & development resources assigned to the project to conduct engineering activities as defined by the appropriate programme work packages. This will involve management of the teams responsible for System Engineering, the Capabilities and Client/Server Software Development.
- Requirements, System Engineering, Software Engineering & Hardware Engineering baselines
- Coherency and consistency of the engineering on the programme and within the Thales Chorus 2.0 processes and procedures
- Ensuring the effective interfacing with the external Thales engineering and operational organisations
- Ensuring the compliance of the engineering baselines with the policies, directives of the (Project) Design Authorities and requirements as captured within the Tech Spec document.
- Delivery on time and to cost, of the design and development products in support of the Programme schedule
- Managing the risk mitigation activities within the engineering WBS and reporting to the Risk Manager
- Ensuring application of quality processes
Experience,Skills and Qualifications needed:
- Experience of development of large scale complex systems.
- Multi-discipline background (systems, software, hardware).
- Good communicator
- Able to negotiate with and influence all stakeholders including peers & non-direct reports.
- Ability to define WBS, OBS and associated tasks, tailor the development process and ensure achievement of the development baselines (functional, allocated and product).
- Manages Risks & Opportunities of design and development during bid and delivery phases, guarantees programme commitments, including those flown down to subcontractors and partners.
- Ability to mitigate risks and assess opportunity ROIs (Return on Investment) which may need to change the engineering baseline.
- Ability to optimise technical work against costs, schedule and risks from design to validation and acceptance of the solution.
- Defines and tailors the engineering environment suitable for the Bid or the Project.
- Experienced in a full project development lifecycle, familiarity across all engineering
- Able to question / challenge established processes and offer innovative alternatives.
- Minimum 2:1 Bachelor Degree (BEng, BSc) in a Numerate, Scientific or Engineering subject or Higher Education/equivalent training and experience.
- HNC/HND qualification may be acceptable with relevant experience in the technical areas indicated above.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959447964