QHSE Compliance Manager
QHSE Compliance Manager required for large chemical process manufacturing company in north east Birmingham.
Our client is a global manufacturing and recycling company employing more that 45000 staff worldwide. Their processing plant based near Birmingham, West Midlands requires an enthusiastic professional to run their Quality Health & Safety and Environmental Compliance Department.
This is a great opportunity for a creative and driven individual who enjoys working in a team environment and wishes to deliver constant improvement to the business.
- Quality, Health & Safety Environmental compliance management experience gained from a process industry
- NEBOSH, IOSH / IMEA qualified
- Minimum of associate level membership of IEMA or CIWEM
- Trained internal auditor
- Good working knowledge of the Environmental Permitting regulations
- ISO 14001, BS EN ISO 50001, ISO 9001 and OHSAS18001
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience of liaising and managing external enforcement and accreditation bodies (e.g. environment agency)
- Knowledge of EN 15593 GMP standard; FSC and PEFC Chain of Custody Standards & Mcerts an advantage
Main Responsibilities of QHSE Manager:
- Actively drive forward the compliance process and reporting systems; attention to detail and adherence to deadlines is paramount.
- Taking on responsibility of key areas including internal refresher training and auditing for different stakeholders is a vital part of the role, so good communication and exceptional interpersonal skills are a must.
- Ensuring legal compliance with relevant environmental legislation in line with the site's Environmental Permit (IPPC) as well as development and maintenance of the Integrated Management System (IMS).
- To provide competent QHSE advise and support to the site and be the key contact and liaison point for enforcement and accreditation bodies.
The position will provide an excellent salary and benefits package, within a forward thinking very successful and sustainable business.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959443967