Roving Mortgage Underwriter - Manchester
We have a superb opportunity for a Roving Mortgage Underwriter based in Manchester with one of our clients who are a specialist Buy-to-Let and Residential Mortgage Lender.
The role will hold responsibility for delivering exceptional professional levels of service to business partners based in their offices across Manchester. You will provide an effective and efficient mortgage underwriting service through the underwriting of mortgage applications within lending policy and approved lending mandate through to mortgage offer.
Our client is offering up to £33,000 as a basic salary, with a £5,000 car allowance and superb benefits package.
Responsibilities for the role of Roving Mortgage Underwriter - Manchester
- Regularly visit select elite partners to provide decision making capabilities on mortgage enquiries, decisions in principle and applications through to approval of the formal mortgage offer
- Work closely with our Regional Account Managers to develop and maintain key relationships with these business partners
- Maintain the quality of the overall mortgage book by exercising an underwriting mandate in a way that demonstrates strong credit assessment skills
- Provide recommendations for applications outside of mandate ensuring all cases hold a robust documented rationale for the lending decision
- Exceptional attention to detail, ensuring all applications are underwritten within internal policies, procedures and criteria as well as remaining compliant with all applicable regulatory guidelines
- Proactive and positive communicator, who is naturally organised, enjoys achieving stretching targets
- Supporting our RAMs in the development of our elite partners' understanding of our lending policy by providing training/presentations
- Maintain up to date awareness of current market, financial and regulatory requirements
Experience required for the role of Roving Mortgage Underwriter - Manchester
- Underwriting Mandate held within a commercial or mortgage environment, preferably covering specialist lending which will include complex lending structures and Buy to Let portfolio lending
- Mobile underwriting experience
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build and maintain positive key business relations
- Strong decision making and organisation skills. Ability to work to strict deadlines whilst maintaining a good level of productivity
- Understands all key elements and stages of mortgage applications at every level of the process
- Approachable, adaptable and flexible, able to remain calm when working under pressure with the ability to deliver exceptional customer service
- Robust understanding of regulatory landscape, DPA, Money Laundering, TCF, MCOB, Fraud aware
Salary: Between £28,000 - £33,000 with a £5,000 car allowance and superb benefits package.
Location: Working with key partners across Manchester
For more information regarding the role of Roving Mortgage Underwriter contact us
Stellar Select is acting as an employment agency and is a corporate member of the REC
Due to a high volume of applications, we will only contact you if your application has been successful. We aim to contact all successful contacts within two business days
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959492650