SDET Software Dev Engineer in Test - Test Automation Engineer
Agile SDET - Software Development Test Engineer - Automated Tester Required for our media client based in West London. We are looking for an exceptional Agile Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to join the team to test a new multi-platform OTT/VOD application.
You will deliver high quality test code using an agile, behavioural & test-driven development process and you will follow best practices and care about the code you write.
We are looking for people who have a track record of delivery and getting things done.
People who are passionate about code quality and test coverage. A perfectionist most of the time, pragmatist when required. Great communicator, always keen to discuss your ideas. Enjoy showing off your wares - we do regular showcases of our work. Have fun doing what you do, and this rubs off on the rest of the team.
Essential Skills & Experience
* Excellent knowledge of testing web and mobile apps ideally OTT, SVoD/VoD Mobile apps.
* Agile Experience with BDD Behaviour driven testing tools like Behave, Cucumber etc.
* Some development experience
* Experience with testing frameworks like Appium, Selenium etc.
* Use of device & browser farms like, i.e. AWS, BrowserStack etc.
* Testing web services and APIs (for example, REST, SOAP services) using XML, JSON.
* Testing large integrated systems with a high degree of functional complexity.
* Someone that is comfortable with change, able to fail fast, learn quickly, and be able to adapt to new challenges.
* Consistent attention to detail.
* Be readily accountable and hold other team members accountable.
* Subversion or Git. Jira.Docker.Unix / Linux skills. AWS. CI/CD tools (Jenkins, CircleCI etc.) OTT/Video streaming experience.
* Participate, identify and write acceptance criteria for each user story so that quality is baked into the implementation.
* Design aggressive and thorough system and integration tests.
* Review the tests written by your colleagues.
* Pairing with developers.
* Application of Testing Pyramid
* Must be able to build test frameworks from scratch
* Execute any manual exploratory testing which may be necessary.
* Ensure the functionality developed is coherent and usable and fits the Product Owner's expectations for the iteration.
* Collaborate with users to identify and perform tests for edge case and complex scenarios.
* Manage and operate a QA environment including builds and deployment.
* Work in the team to achieve consensus agreement and binding decisions.
* Work in the team to continuously improve process and behaviour through regular reflection and adaptation.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959491781