Java Senior Software Engineer / Architect
Role: Java Software Architect for Hospitality Revenue Management Solution
Based: Paris, France
Who are we looking for:
To support our success and customer growth, we are expanding our research and development team for our hospitality revenue management solution (EzRMS). We are looking for a Java Software Architect. This role focuses on the design, architecture and server side product development of complex requirements as well as troubleshooting complex issues.
This is an existing, mature and functionally rich application used by thousands of customers in a cloud based environment, the candidate is expected to dive deep into the solution to master its architecture, technology and functionality in order to evolve the product to meet the requirements of the market.
This includes gaining a deep understanding of the hospitality industry and revenue management to understand how requirements can be delivered within the existing application, this will require discussions with subject matter experts.
Participation in full development life cycle is expected, including but not limited to design, implementation, testing and deployment. The architect role ensures that the system?s architecture is evolved to support the new market requirements.
There is an opportunity for scrum master role.
What you need for this position:
- Master?s level of Computer Science, Mathematics or Physics.
- 7+ years of Java (product) development experience, using Eclipse.
- Live the agile development process (Scrum, TDD, XP).
- Know your way around Jenkins/Hudson, Tomcat and Maven
- Real world OO Design experience and knowledge of design patterns and algorithms
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex product issues.
- Solid SQL skills
- Proficient English and French speaker and writer
Bonus is experience with
- Deployment and maintenance of Java / JEE applications, experience with cloud deployment (Amazon Web Services)
- Processing of large amount of data or XML processing
- Code management in SVN
- Good understanding of Oracle database, triggers, PL/SQL
- Scrum Master role, coordinating team and release cycle
- Own a copy of Martin Fowlers book on refactoring
What?s in it for you:
- International working environment and projects.
- Work with passionate and highly skilled people.
- Work on the industry leading revenue management solution for hospitality.
- Possibility of professional growth.
- Fantastic opportunity to work with one of the largest enterprise software company in the world.
- Extraordinary opportunity to be part of Infor?s product development through our delivery of business process and software application knowledge.
How we?re doing it:
- Means you can spend 80% of your time doing real coding. And everything that is shipped-, is used by thousands of people.
- Requires a deep understanding of technology, plus a strong attitude towards shipping. You will find your colleagues know a thing or two about shipping and technology, too.
- Optimizing efficiency and productivity is a constant focus. Nothing is as irritating as slow systems, poor unit testing facilities, or patching bad code instead of refactoring.
- In addition, we believe management exists to facilitate the best possible working condition for software engineers.
- Decision making does not require going through several management layers.
About the product:
With Infor EzRMS, any large international hotel company or an independent hotelier can take advantage of fully automated revenue management solution (RMS), developed using the latest business forecasting and optimization algorithms.
For more than a decade EzRMS has been the world leading provider of internet based revenue & yield management solutions. Now it expands the Infor hospitality suite enabling hotels to optimize pricing to help maximize occupancy rates and profitability.
You can find more information about the project here: http://*************/product-summary/hospitality/ezrms/
Who we are:
Infor builds beautiful business applications with last mile functionality and scientific insights for select industries delivered as a cloud service. With over 15,000 employees and customers in more than 200 countries and territories, Infor automates critical processes for industries, including healthcare, manufacturing, fashion, wholesale distribution, hospitality, retail, and public sector. For additional information, visit *************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959513596