Salary: To £26k + Excellent benefits package
Lloyd Recruitment Services are recruiting on behalf of a leading UK Financial Services organisation who seek a Credit Underwriter to join their established team.
The main purpose of the role is to working within the non recourse operations function ensuring a prompt, reliable debtor credit underwriting/support service to all existing clients and internal departments, and to minimise potential bad debts by way of prudent and commercial underwriting and adhering to all internal processes and procedures. You will also be responsible for assessing debtors/customers credit worthiness and set credit limits within own given authority ensuring full Euler Hermes compliance at all times.
Customer Focus & Service Excellence
- Focus on high levels of service ensuring client satisfaction and retention
- Month end reporting/analysis as required for onward submission to Team Leader (Operations) Credit/Senior Credit Manager/Chief Operating Officer
- Ensure 24 hour turnaround on all credit limit applications
- Prepare and sanction bad debt write offs within own given authority
- Ongoing liaison with various internal departments, brokers, trade insurers and existing clients as and when necessary
- Assess credit limits within own given authority
- Ensure full compliance with Euler Hermes trade insurance policy and all internal policies
- Amend, clarify and determine correct legal entity being dealt with
- Minimise potential bad debts and ensure all credit limits underwritten are justifiable within the terms of our Euler Hermes Trade insurance policy
- Maintain control of credit limit expiry report and ensure no limit is out of date
Skills & Experience Required
It is essential that applicants have some form of credit underwriting or credit control experience, ideally within the finance/financial services arena.
The successful candidate will also be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Commercially minded
- High level of accuracy
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise
- Ability to read financial statements to include audited/management accounts and various credit reference agency reports
- Ideally ABFA qualified to certificate level or equivalent
- Industry specific (invoice finance) experience
Due to the high volume of applications, only those who are shortlisted will be contacted.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959487495