Senior Engineer - Active Safety Systems
Job Title: Senior Engineer - Active Safety Systems
Job Location: Warwick, West Midlands, UK
Job Salary: £38k-£40k per annum (dependent upon experience)
Job purpose as the Senior Engineer - Active Safety Systems
The purpose of this role is to deliver Active Safety Systems content (e.g. ACC/FCW/BSM/LDW) as defined by cross car line product strategy.
Key responsibilities & tasks as the Senior Engineer
- Define and agree targets and validation plan for active safety systems content on programmes (e.g. BSM,
- AEB, LDW, RCT, LKA, Road sign recognition)
- Ensure delivery of safety electronics systems features and sensor hardware to targets, budget and timing constraints
- Take ownership of Final Engineering Sign Off (FESO) documents for Active safety systems
- Deliver safety electronic systems electrical integration
- Drive engineering issues resolution to meet program targets and constraints
- Liaise with and manage external partners/suppliers to deliver content
- Liaise with project team, electrical team and other engineering functions to deliver active safety systems content
- Conduct active safety systems electronic related testing (including full vehicle, sub-system and component testing)
Qualifications & experience
- In possession of good Electrical/Electronic/Automotive Engineering qualification (such as a relevant bachelor's degree or equivalent). Suitable relevant experience could be considered in lieu of qualification(s).
- Experience of working on automotive electronic systems
- Excellent attention to detail coupled with the ability to communicate clearly verbally or in writing.
- Ability to manage workload and plan ahead is essential. Excellent organisational skills.
- Must be able to work independently or as part of a team, with good problem solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, and to seek assistance when needed.
- Knowledge of fundamental electrical/electronic engineering theory is essential.
- Experience of tools such as Vector, CANalyser, CANape, CANoe, vflash.
- Good general IT skills and working knowledge of MS word/Excel etc.
- Full UK driver's license, with flexibility to travel in UK and overseas as required.
How to Apply
If you are interested in progressing your career as the Senior Engineer - Active Safety Systems, apply now for immediate consideration.
PLEASE NOTE: If you require visa sponsorship to work in the UK you CANNOT be considered for this role.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959480605