Enterprise Architect-Cloud and Hosting
Enterprise Architect-Cloud and Hosting
Job ID: R-58532
At Aviva we are looking to transform the way in which we engage with our customers. Digital technology is key, and the adoption of agile methodologies and flexible infrastructure platforms are at the heart of our strategy. As the Enterprise Architect for Cloud & Hosting, you will be working within the Global Infrastructure Architecture team responsible for ensuring that our hosting capability supports the needs of the organisation. You will be instrumental in driving adoption of Cloud technology and making our vision of ?Cloud First? a reality. You will also be part of a wider global architecture practice and will support, enhance and promote the process and delivery of architecture (and its value) across the organisation.
The role holder, reporting to the Head of Infrastructure Architecture, will work closely with other Enterprise Infrastructure Architects to further develop the overall hosting strategy, architecture and roadmaps that will underpin Aviva?s technology simplification agenda. You will also provide support to the Cloud and Data Centre Migration Programmes, assisting with application migration strategies, defining additional cloud and hosting capabilities and ensuring that solutions built by others make optimal use of infrastructure capabilities and services.
The position requires strong leadership and influencing skills and the ability to engage with a range of stakeholders from CIOs to individual technical specialist across a wide variety of areas. You will lead the Cloud and Hosting Architecture team which is comprised of around 10 Solution Architects including permanent and contingent staff.
- Delivering the architecture strategies, patterns and roadmaps and that map to the IT Vision, Strategy and Transformation Roadmaps for Cloud & Hosting Technologies.
- Defining the activities, investments and decisions required to deliver against the target state over a 3-5 year timeframe.
- Creating reference architectures for hosting services/capabilities to guide application deployment solutions and provide a reference for governance.
- Working closely with our service partners and other Vendors to understand the evolution of their technologies and services and mapping these to the Aviva vision.
- Supporting Supplier Management and Procurement in contract reviews and negotiations.
- Contributing to the development of, and leading the architectural assessment of change portfolios to support delivery of the group IT Strategy.
- Actively supporting the data centre migration and cloud programmes and holding project delivery teams accountable for the design and build of architected solutions.
- Supporting the further development of hosting and cloud computing technologies through active participation in a professional community.
- Accountable for the Design Authority for the Data Centre Migration Programme.
- Technical and line management responsibility for around 10 staff.
The ideal candidate for this role will have more than 10 years experience of working in a cross disciplinary architecture team in a financial services organisation. He/she will have strong stakeholder management skills and a demonstrable track record of engagement across IT and the wider business to ensure that roadmaps, standards and strategies are well understood and socialised. They will have sound business and technology knowledge and commercial awareness. Negotiation and conflict resolution skills are advantageous, along with an analytical and disciplined approach to problem solving.
A track record of leading a highly technical team is required and the candidate must be able to provide clear examples of success in this area from current or previous roles.
In addition, he/she will have worked in a multi-vendor outsourced environment with a range of partners and service providers and have a structured approach to engagement and relationship building.
He/she will have a highly analytical and thorough approach to problem solving including the ability to provide clear and accurate views that are appropriate to the target audience.
- Comprehensive infrastructure architecture delivery record in an Enterprise context including networks, cloud and hosting, storage and enterprise management domains.
- Significant experience of architecting multi-tier, high availability infrastructure across a wide variety of technologies including mainframe, proprietary Unix, and commodity platforms.
- Detailed experience of hybrid hosting patterns including Public, Private and Hybrid Clouds, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS and traditional hosting approaches.
- Knowledge of database and middleware technologies including application platforms and messaging technologies.
- Experience of deployment automation and monitoring including adoption of Infrastructure as Code.
- Strong information security knowledge across the infrastructure domain.
- Demonstrable technology innovation experience in a multi-vendor environment.
- Relevant professional qualifications are desirable e.g. TOGAF.
This vacancy has a closing date of: 8th December 2017.
One of Aviva?s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959497664