With over 150 stores nationwide, our client is a market leader in their industry. With customers at the heart of their business, this is an exciting time to be part of a hugely successful retailer as an Assistant Merchandiser.
Based in London, our client is looking for an experienced, forward thinking Assistant Merchandiser who can demonstrate a high degree of personal responsibility and accountability in order to deliver KPIs. A self-starter who can make decisions and be proactive in driving process change. You will be expected to manage a combination of fast & slow moving products across a number of product categories.
So what will this Assistant Merchandiser role involve?
- You will be responsible for managing on shelf availability, stock turn and stock holding levels across your product areas.
- Continuously monitor and manage levels of stock within stores, through accurate data analysis, identifying seasonal, lifecycle and promotional trends and ensuring replenishment parameters are adjusted to reflect these.
- Accurate item level forecasting, managing a WSSI/OTB at category level
- Establish strong standing relationships with suppliers to improve your product availability and ensure any potential issues are resolved quickly.
- Pro-actively monitor and analyse supplier performance against OTIF and identify risks and opportunities through weekly and quarterly strategic reviews with your suppliers.
- As a team player you will work cross functionally with Buying, Ecommerce, Operations, Finance and Suppliers to ensure effective planning and implementation of supply chain activities.
- Working alongside buyers to deliver range changes on time including forecasting new line and promotional volumes along with exit strategies.
- Manage allocations and raise purchase orders for range change and promotional activity in line with critical paths.
- Communicate and resolve current issues whilst factoring in future impact and working with the buyer to implement commercial solutions.
What experience will you need for this Assistant Merchandiser role?
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail but with the ability to take a top line approach where appropriate
- Advanced Excel skills and a previous use of Demand Planning and Replenishment systems.
- Good understanding of fast retail operations and how that applies to Logistics and warehousing practices.
- High level of energy with a positive attitude, who can remain calm under pressure when dealing with challenges.
- A problem solver, with the ability to take own initiative and make decisions that will have a positive impact on the business.
- Ability to prioritise in a demanding environment allowing flexibility when required.
No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
AdMore Recruitment is a specialist retail recruitment and talent management consultancy.
Follow us on Twitter: @AdmoreRetail
Facebook: AdMore Recruitment
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/77551521