Senior Software Engineer (C++ and C#, 3D graphical applications)
Senior Software Engineer (C++ and C#, 3D graphical applications), Cambridge
Senior Software Engineer required by global software company to develop and support their industry leading 3D Visualisation software applications.
- Producing innovative design and implementation of components of large and complex systems
- Review and approving design decisions which may be significant in their impact
- Providing prototypes where appropriate to explore and verify design proposals
- Implementing approved designs and ensuring adherence to product quality and acceptance criteria
- Ensuring all code is fully unit tested and documented
- Collaborating with team members on detailed work breakdown and estimating within the Agile/Scrum framework.
- Timely identification and communication of technical issues and risks
- Undertaking the administration and resolution of support and maintenance issues
- Delivery of systems that exceed customer expectations and achieve the highest quality
- Reporting progress to the Team Lead/Scrum Master/Project Manager.
- Works on problems of diverse scope and able to solve problems without assistance.
- Works unsupervised to a high level of competence.
- Coach and mentor less experienced colleagues and provide informal guidance and support
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or numerate subject
- At least 5 years? experience of developing professional software applications using C++ and C# in the Windows .NET environment
- Knowledge and experience of object oriented design and development
- Experience of developing 3D graphical applications in OpenGL / DirectX
- Proven design documentation skills
- Logical and numerate, with complex problem solving skills
- Team worker with proactive approach
- Willing to learn and implement new technologies quickly, active to pursue continuous professional development
- Good verbal and written communication skills, often using core-site video/teleconferences to a wide audience of technical specialists, managers and consultants.
- Knowledge of computational geometry and programming design pattern fundamentals
- Experience in developing highly interactive realtime 3D applications
- Skilled in use of Visual Studio development environment
- Knowledge of Windows architecture, including WPF and WCF
- Knowledge of complete software development lifecycle, preferably agile development methodology (e.g. Scrum)
- Experience of task based, multi site configuration management, e.g. TFS
- User Interface and User Experience design skills
- Presentation and product demonstration skills.
This organisation welcomes all applicants regardless of gender, sexual orientation, marital/civil partnership status, race, religion and belief, disability or age.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959504700