Senior Network Engineer, Network Engineer, CCNA, CCNP
(Tank Recruitment, Senior Network Support Engineer, Network Engineer, Firewall, CCNA, CCNP, VOIP, Permanent)
Tank Recruitment have a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated Network Engineer to join our growing on a permanent basis for a client of ours based in Cornwall. Our clients IT team are advancing rapidly towards cloud based solutions. They are looking for an intelligent and resourceful person with the ability to work in a close knit team as well as by their own initiative.
Experience and skill requirements:
- 2nd/3rd line support experience with LAN/WAN including hubs, switches, routers, WiFi APs (Cisco, Meraki, Netgear, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of Cisco networking (routers and switches), DNS, DHCP,
- Previous experience configuring network security firewalls, (Dell Sonicwall) VPNs, testing and vulnerability assessments
- Familiarity with and configuring of Solarwinds monitoring.
- High level of Telephony knowledge, especially SIP experience (Siemens, Unify)
- Strong experience with IP addressing, VLANs, routing, switching and resilient network design
- Experience performing Wi-Fi surveys for optimal wireless coverage
- Experience with network performance management and content filtering solutions
- Experience of site moves / office relocation / re-cabling & patch management
- Demonstrable Windows Support background, Wintel, Hyper-V, Exchange, Active Directory - Microsoft Certifications ideal (Would be beneficial)
- Supplier management expertise - communicating and coordinating telecoms providers
- A proactive attitude and the ability to assist with all levels of hardware / network support
- Ability to operate autonomously on customer sites, with good customer service skills
- Diligence in installation standards - cabling, labeling and documentation
- ITIL and PCI-DSS awareness beneficial
- Role will involve some travel around South West
- CCNA/CCNP /CISCO/VOIP/Sonic wall experience essential.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading organisation, if you would like to find out more then please forward your up to date CV
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959500075