Senior Engine Systems Engineer
Sitec has a requirement for a Senior Engine Systems Engineer our client Perkins Engines. This is a temporary role for an estimated 12 months and will be based in Peterborough.
Perkins Engines a subsidiary of Caterpillar is a major manufacturer of heavy duty off-highway diesel engines for the construction, industrial and power generation sectors. We have a number of exciting opportunities relating to the development of new market leading engine technology. Engine emissions regulation, continually increasing expectations for engine performance, opportunities to integrate engine and machine systems all drive the need for continuous development of innovative new technologies.
We're looking for Engineers aspiring to directly influence these future technologies have the opportunity to play a key role within a world class engineering organisation as well as develop individual engineering competency.
We have a new role within the Performance Systems team which is a growing team with an exciting opportunity to develop the next generation of small 3 and 4 cylinder engines for a wide variety of machine applications. This is a dynamic exciting team which develops all aspects of real world engine performance from conceptual design to troubleshooting production issues.
The role will require a candidate that enjoys solving complex engineering problems with limited information, with a drive to create new methods and processes, utilise new and developing simulation techniques and to mould the next generation of power train performance.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Engine electronic control strategy definition
* Engine simulation and performance modelling, including mathematical modelling of complicated physical problems
* Data analysis and engine performance predictions and problem solving
* Deep communication with engineering and product groups across the business
* Bachelors or Master's degree in Engineering
* Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal instruction and provide technical support to others
* Knowledge of internal combustion engines
* Experience of control strategy definition
* Experience of complex Electronics and Controls system concept generation including drafting block diagram controls for simulation assessment
* Extensive understanding of control algorithms and logic
* Experience of modelling complex systems, and the use of simulation tools to make confident predictions
* Ability to communicate technical information effectively at all levels of the business
* Knowledge of heavy duty machine applications
* Experience of Matlab and Simulink
* Previous experience within automotive background covering multiple areas that may include control, performance, calibration, requirements definition and issue resolution.
* Team leadership experience
* 6 sigma experience (Black belt preferable, Green Belt minimum)
* Product validation (FMEA, DVP&R, Data analysis)
* Product sign-off and report documentation
* Extensive knowledge mathematics, data analysis, numerical modelling and statistics
* Experience of design of experiments, optimisation techniques and Robust engineering methods
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959509528