Field Service Engineer - Generators / CHP Engines
FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER - GENERATORS / CHP ENGINES - £28-33K + BONUS + COMPANY VEHICLE - 40 HOURS WORKING WEEK - OPTIONAL OVERTIME - FLEXIBLE BENEFITS - - THRIVING GENERATOR & GAS ENGINE CHP BUSINESS
LOCATION: KENT / BERKSHIRE / SUSSEX / KENT / MIDDLESEX / HAMPSHIRE
This is an opportunity to join a thriving Generator & Gas engine CHP business, in an industry with a substantial future. You will join a team with over 30 years in the standby power generation industry. With a strong family management structure, and high standards of performance and ethics the client are in an excellent financial position with scope for aggresive growth over the foresseable future.
- You will be travelling all-round the UK, but primarily in your own assigned area (Southern England & Home Counties), using your engineering skills to carry out routine servicing work on a range of Gas Engines, Gas Powered CHP and Generators in the range of 10Kva - 2Mva size range.
- This will be a mixture of scheduled service work and reactive work where you would be the first-responder to a breakdown on site.
- A callout rota will be in operation, which involves you being on call out of hours.
- Mechanically you will be fault finding, replacing parts, mechanical failures, repairs, etc and electrically you will mainly be fault finding on 415v systems.
- This is predominantly a mechanical role however the company look for individuals who possess basic electrical skills and have the confidence to fault find on 24v systems, use multi-meters and other electrical test equipment.
- Time Served Engineer + Minimum of 3 years relevant experience as a generator service engineer, or similar role
- FULL UK Driving Licence
- Hands on Experience with Gas Engines, Generators or CHP Units
- Strong practical electrical engineering knowledge of LV power generation and distribution systems
- Having the right to live and work in the UK
- Self-motivated, and trustworthy to work effectively as a remote based person with minimal supervision
- Good interpersonal skills - Able to act as a representative of our client whilst visiting customers sites.
- Happy with high mileage driving, and working away from home
- Practical knowledge of high level software based control systems such as Comap/Deep Sea etc
- IT skills, fluent with Outlook, Excel, & Word. Practical experience of using laptop based bespoke engine system analysis and control programmes such as Comap PC Suite / DSE Configuration Suite etc
- Gas Safe qualification
- CSCS card
£28-33K basic Salary
Company Profit Share Scheme
Regular Overtime (Travel time outside of work hours paid)
40 Hour working week
Ideal Locations: KENT / BERKSHIRE / SUSSEX / KENT / MIDDLESEX / HAMPSHIRE
Key words- Service Engineer Other job titles: Industrial Electrician, Electrical Field Engineer, Field Engineer, Field Service Engineer, Customer Support Engineer, CHP Engineer, Diesel Engineer, Gas Engine Engineer, Marine Engineer, Petty Officer, 2nd, 3rd Engineers, Articifer
Cordant is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959496635