Senior Java Automation Tester - Cucumber - Gain Scala
Senior Java Automation Tester / SDET required with proven skills in Java development / automation testing with proven background delivering fully automated test frameworks in Java, JVM, Cucumber API Integration testing, for backend JVM web based systems, with passion for Continuous Deliver and pair programming required to be embedded with Agile software development team for world leading company in West London working on Scala test automation using Scalatest for large ecommerce systems.
Significant experience with:
- Implementing automated tests in Java and Cucumber
- Monitoring and logging tools (such as statsd, Grafana or Splunk)
- API's such as RESTful API concepts or JSON
- Relational databases (such as MySQL)
- Source Control (including Git)
- Developing on a Unix/OSX-based system
- Experience and passion for working within an agile continuous delivery environment (such as Scrum or Kanban)
- A strong problem solving ability, with the technical knowledge to debug and provide detailed analysis of issues.
- A relentless interest in improving our operational quality and how we deliver software
- Experience of mentoring and coaching other QA engineers
Desirable skills include
- NoSQL datastores (such as MongoDB or Redis)
- Performance analysis
- Configuration Management and Orchestrations Tools (e..g. Puppet)
- Messaging Frameworks and Integration Patterns (e.g. ActiveMQ)
- Developing within a Service-Oriented Architecture
- Continuous Delivery
- Work closely with other members of the Team to deliver innovative solutions to business problems
- Iteratively develop features - Slicing work to get benefits and feedback early
- Regularly showcase features with business and technical stakeholders
- Measure and monitor Production Systems, including key data that demonstrates the value of the team's deliverables
- Take a practical approach to Delivery, applying the necessary levels of rigour and process to ensure the quality of deliverables
You would be joining a multi-disciplinary team, responsible for the delivery of technically sound systems that have tough availability, scalability requirements. The team use fully automated integration and deployment systems, comprehensive monitoring and alerting, and the support of dedicated Build, Operations and Networks teams. You will work closely with business and technical stakeholders, to understand requirements, break down work, and deliver features following team-defined Agile practices.
As a valued technical member of the Delivery Team, you will have a passion for software testing and a good understanding of how to define and deliver solutions collaboratively. You will be involved all areas of delivery, and will play an integral part in helping the team continuously improve; sharing your own experience and insights, influencing others and mentoring those with less experience
Previous ideal backgrounds might include ecommerce, online travel, media, broadcast, online gaming, software houses etc
Opus is an employment business in respect of contract recruitment.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959498537