Lorien's London based client is currently recruiting for a highly skilled Application Engineer/Packager to join the London based team on a contract basis.
The role requires the candidate to be able to provide in depth analysis and remediation of applications that are now failing migration to the new platform. The candidate must have a strong understanding of the technical aspects of application installation and configuration, application discovery, packaging of applications for automated delivery and delivery of packaged applications and be able to propose and undertake rectification.
Mandatory Technical Competency's
- Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 7 (10) and Server 2008-2012 R2
- Demonstrable experience in triage and root-cause analysis
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, Clustered-DHCP / GPO & AppLocker and their use in a virtualised environment.
- Strong Experience in a virtualized environment VMware ESX 5.x,
- Strong Experience in Storefront, MCS, PVS, App-V Application deployment.
- Knowledge of Windows Client OS running Non-Persistent modes
- Working knowledge of Systems Centre Operations Manager (SCOM) and Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Working knowledge of Citrix XenApp 5.x, 6.x, 7.x / XenDesktop 5.x, 7.x,
- Working knowledge of DFS and file server clusters
- PowerShell - developing modules and deployment scripts
- Documentation - Able to create detail documents for process (SOPs) both from business and technical aspect.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959510540