Senior Systems Administrator
Senior Systems Administrator required for a large organisation based in Berkshire.
We are seeking an experienced, motivated, Senior Network and Network Security Administrator to join our Global Hosting Team. This person will play a critical role in the design, maintenance, and administration of our Hosted infrastructure.
Our Senior Systems Administrators will be responsible for the day to day operations, automation, and configurations of heterogeneous networking systems across the enterprise, including but not limited to;
- Third level network support.
- Schedule, plan and execute required system maintenance events in support of our global vulnerability and life cycle management efforts on all Network components
- Author and maintain standard operating procedures and contribute to root cause analysis documentation.
- Bachelor?s Degree in Computer Science and Engineering or related field
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to research and solve complex issues independently
- Five + years of experience as a Network Administrator
- Deep understanding of Network components, best practices and technologies
- Experience and understanding of automation fundamentals and techniques
- Design and execution of disaster recovery plans
- Capacity planning
- Vendor relations and procurement
- Global secure networks management and troubleshooting: MPLS, intranet and internet connectivity
- Deep knowledge of internet protocols: TCP/IP, HTTP/S, SSH, FTP, SFTP, Active Directory Integrated DNS, NTP, NFS, Site and Services
- Working knowledge of administering existing NAS/SAN technologies for Fiber, iSCSI, CIFS, NFS
- Experience with web application layer security, web proxy and intrusion detection systems
- F5 experience
- Cisco and Juniper firewalls
- Bash and other POSIX based Command line tools for automation scripting
Please apply for further information.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959501179