Bridge design engineer - Highways
As a highways bridge design engineer, you will be involved on a range of small to large projects which are industry and public high profile. The roles will be challenging, demanding, varied and offer excellent opportunities for your skill set and career development. Our environment offers you the opportunity to work with very experienced engineers, giving you the chance to work with some of the best in our industry.
We have multi-disciplinary teams tailored to providing a total service for our customers, embracing all facets from advisory, economic and planning to design, construction supervision and asset management post-completion.
The Highways division has been acknowledged for its delivery on high-profile projects, and the bridges sub-division has been winning significant national and international projects.
Competitive salary on offer + 22 days holidays and pension scheme
Mott MacDonald is an equal opportunity employer.
In this role you will be involved in:
- Use of structural analysis packages to support bridge design
- Working within a quality assured environment to produce technically correct results
- Production of approval in principle documentation
- Production of design calculations to relevant standards
- Liaison with CAD team for drawing production
You will have a degree in Civil or Structural Engineering. You may also be working towards your chartered status with ICE or IStructE. At Mott MacDonald we will support you on your journey for full chartership. Your skills profile should include:
Relevant experience of bridge and highway structures design
- Design using Eurocodes and British Standards
- Experience of Highways England standards
- Experience of the use of recognised modelling software, i.e. LUSAS, SAM, MIDAS etc.
- Design experience in structural steelwork and reinforced concrete
- Knowledge of AutoCAD Well-developed expertise in use of Excel
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959500125