Job title: Gas Engineer Northern Ireland
Based (region/office): Northern Ireland reporting to (Llandudno office)
Brief description of position:
A Commercial Gas Engineer is required to work within our team covering Northern Ireland.
The work will involve PPM, fault finding, reactive and breakdowns, quoting for repair and remedial works to various types of boilers and heating systems.
Working within our growing team you will also be expected to assist other trades and attend basic non gas calls as and when required.
Applicants should have ACS Commercial qualifications with relevant commercial experience. The applicant must have a good all-round knowledge and understanding of HVCA plant and would be expected to assist with various reactive and PPM tasks, as well as core combustion skills.
Main duties to include:-
- Be conversant with current Health & Safety legislation with relevance to safe working practices and attend tool box talks
- Comply with specific Contract, work department and Company procedures at all times
- Complete a weekly timesheet and submit in accordance with Company procedures
- Maintain accurate records of works done and expenditure, using this information to report to the Supervisor as required.
- Liaise and co-ordinate site activities associated with services for which you are responsible, i.e. labour planning and ordering of materials
- Assist in the preparation of emergency contingency plans
- Assist with co-ordination of all site activities, both maintenance and projects and ensure all safety aspects are managed and monitored in accordance with site / contract procedures and requirements.
- Undertake all tasks associated with labour planning and providing holiday and sickness cover.
- Carry out PPM and reactive work as required in order to meet completion deadlines.
- Take ownership of the client?s needs and pursue good communications with the customer in order to build a stable relationship
- Be proactive with regard to preventative maintenance and extra works
- Operate Integral QA procedures and maintain clear and legible records as required
- Be available to attend emergency call outs and provide written incident reports as required, working as part of a paid duty rota providing 24 hr cover.
- Co-ordinate and manage all subcontractors activity relating to works undertaken
- Provide cover for Supervisor when required, ie holidays, sickness
- Produce and submit timesheets for approval to deadlines
- Ensure compliance with safe systems of work, risk assessments,
- Method statements etc. and all relevant documentation is adhered to in accordance with company health and safety policy
Gas qualifications in:-
- Excellent gas knowledge complete with an industry recognised qualification
- COCN1 or CODNCO1 (Core Commercial Gas Safety)
- CDGA1 (Commercial Direct Fired Heating Appliances)
- CIGA1 (Commercial Indirect Fire Heating Appliances and Equipment)
- CORT1 (Commercial Radiant Tube Heaters)
- ICPN1 (First Fix Commercial Pipework)
- TPCP1 (Tightness Testing and Purging to IGE/UP/1)
- TPCP1A (Tightness Testing and Purging to IGE/UP/1A)
- CCN1 or COCDN1 (Core Domestic Gas Safety
- CENWAT (Domestic Central Heating/Water Heaters)
- CPA1 (Combustion Performance Analyser)
- Possess comprehensive technical skills along with extensive experience in commercial fault finding and rectification.
- Comprehensive knowledge, both domestic and commercial of most major manufactures i.e Valliant Powermatic, Riello Broag, Combat, Ambi-Rad, Ideal, Potterton, Nu Way and Worcester etc.
- Good all round knowledge of heating systems, fixed electrical systems & controls/BMS.
- Good plumbing skills.
- Good interpersonal & communicating skills, flexible approach to work/Clients? requirements. Be prepared to work out of hours from time to time and participate in the callout rota. Good organizational skills and have a positive attitude.
- A good knowledge of all building services
- Sound level of administration and organisational skills
- Minimum 2 years practical experience within the building industry
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- Proactive approach to undertake all tasks required.
- A sound understanding for the requirements of both electrical and HVAC systems.
- Health & Safety awareness.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to supervise and manage sub-contractors ensuring compliance with company H&S & QA procedures.
- Be conversant with current Microsoft office packages including but not limited to word, excel and outlook email.
Preferred additional skills/Qualifications
- Oftec Oil qualification
Personal Aptitude and skills
- Smart appearance, presentable
- Logical thinker in fault finding situations
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work unsupervised and motivate team members.
- Adaptable and flexible approach to work requirements, willing to accept change.
- Customer focused
- Good interpersonal & communication skills. A flexible approach to the work/clients requirements and be prepared to work out of hours from time to time.
- Committed to the delivery of excellent customer service.
- Self-motivated, calm manner and able to work under pressure.
Salary: To be discussed at interview
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959459117