Risk Analyst - IT support systems
This energy business close to West London has an excellent opportunity for a junior risk analyst, with an interest in supportive IT systems, to support the development of the risk framework, including the identification, development and implementation of tools and technology to form a single risk database and reporting tool.
The ideal candidate will have 12-18 months experience in UK energy market/operational risk processes in an energy supply/retail business.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Support the development, implementation and update of the Risk Framework and internal policies, standards and guidance.
- Support the identification, development and implementation of tools and technology to support the Enterprise Risk Framework and System of Internal Control.
- Work with the external Risk Partner to develop, implement and enhance supporting IT systems to form a single risk database and reporting tool.
- Become the IT system Super User with key admin rights to support the risk database and reporting tool.
- Co-ordination and project management support for routine risk deliverables and Framework development deliverables.
- Provide risk based ARIS analytics to ensure ARIS controls are effectively mapped to Principal Risks and /or Risk Components.
- Work with the risk community and other key stakeholders to coordinate and project manage routine risk deliverables and Enterprise Risk Framework development deliverables.
- Develop and deliver risk training across the relevant communities.
Ideal qualifications, skill sets and experience:
- Previous experience in a commercial/project management risk role.
- UK Energy retail/supply/utilities/trading experience
- Ability to understand risks across all categories of the Group Risk Universe and to interpret the responses.
- Confident in presenting risk principles to key stakeholders and the wider risk community, and in responding knowledgably to their questions across relevant risks in the Group Risk Universe.
- Ability to develop, implement and become the expert on relevant IT systems to support the risk database and reporting.
- Ability to interrogate and develop ARIS to support risk based analytics.
- Flexible to changing priorities across the team and key stakeholders.
- Attention to detail and strong planning / organisational skills.
- Strong written skills in producing clear concise documents for internal use across the organisation reflecting strategic priorities.
If you have the relevant energy background or career experience skill sets, and would like to know more about the above opportunity, then please apply now.
Due to the amount of applications we receive on a daily basis unfortunately we are only able to respond to the successfully shortlisted candidates. If you have not heard from us within 3-5 days of applying for this position, your application was not successful on this occasion. We may however be able to contact you with a more relevant position at a later date.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959513093