Senior Installation Engineer for Chandelier Lifting Systems
The company is a family run, long established business based near Sheffield manufacturing a range of bespoke and novel items of lifting equipment including chandelier winching systems. The company is looking to employ a Senior Installation Engineer. This person will be based at home and must be within reasonable commuting distance of central London as this is where most installations take place although work will be nationwide and occasionally abroad.
Candidates should be experienced in both mechanical and electrical engineering and some formal training would be desirable. The role will involve leading a small team of engineers and taking an active, hands-on role in the installation and service of chandelier lifting systems.
The role will involve,
- Attending site meetings
- Site surveying for new installations
- Developing risk assessments and method statements for installation work
- Liaising with the designer on the product design
- Setting out on site
- Problem solving on new and existing installations
- Leading installation work
- Service and statutory inspection of existing installations
- CSCS card desirable
- Good working knowledge of basic engineering principles
- Must be comfortable working at height and in confined spaces
- A clean criminal record as clearance for working in security controlled areas will be needed
- A UK driving licence and passport
- Willingness to learn new skills and expand existing knowledge
- Good verbal, computer and written communication skills
The successful candidate will be expected to meet deadlines from the outset and their performance will be monitored. The company has high expectations of all employees. If you are looking for an exciting and varied job please apply now!
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience. Contract: Permanent 40hr week Mon ? Fri but there will be out of hours and week-end working depending on the project and paid as overtime.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959497522