Senior Data Analytics Specialist
Sitec has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Data Analytics Specialist for our client Caterpillar in Peterborough. This is a permanent role.
Job Title: Senior Data Analytics Specialist
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 (depending on depth of experience)
Benefits: 25 days annual leave, excellent bonus, car cash allowance, contributory pension scheme, childcare vouchers, contributory share scheme
Location: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
*Flexible/Remote working 1-2 days per week may be considered*
Caterpillar are currently recruiting for a Senior Data Scientist to join our expanding data analytics team. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced analytics professional to join our global organisation and have a true impact on our evolving business. The Analytics team is growing fast!
As a business, Caterpillar uses various quantitative methods (business simulations, data mining, modelling and advanced statistical techniques) to solve problems and guide us to resolutions.
The Senior Data Analytics Specialist contributes to this by acting as the technical lead of analytics project teams tasked with solving complex business problems.
The principal responsibility of Senior Data Scientist is to grow and develop from being an individual contributor on project teams to acting as the technical lead and providing insight to others.
You will participate on cross-functional project teams, provide overall guidance to the technical direction of the project, and mentor Jr Data Scientists on the technical approaches being used in order to solve problems. You will work with the business to define the global analytical strategy across multiple locations across the division. Responsibilities will include:
* Participate on, and effectively manage, multiple projects concurrently
* Demonstrate a breadth of knowledge in the application of statistical methods and/or digital methods to solve business problems
* Coach and mentor colleagues in the creation, validation, and application of statistical models, as well as in implementing digital solutions;
* Research and apply new methods to exceed customer expectations.
* Continuously develop knowledge in Analytics and growth skill set
You will act as the overall technical lead for the team in establishing a sound analytic approach for solving the problem at hand. You will develop a good network within the technical community to enable collaboration on technical solutions and be able to obtain resources and cooperation needed, whilst removing roadblocks to ensure the success of the team.
* Educated to Bachelor's degree level, preferably in statistics, economics, mathematics, physics or a similar field with quantitative coursework (or equivalent level of relevant professional experience)
* Excellent communication skills, being able to explain conclusions to customers with limited knowledge and experience with quantitative analytical methods
* An eye for innovation and development
* Must be comfortable working in MS Office, and industry standard statistics, data management and visualization packages
* Must demonstrate strong leadership, initiative and interpersonal skills
* The ability to bring data together from different disciplines and the ability to understand the broader business context is key
* Experience with Tableau, Alteryx or other ETL & visualisation packages
* Ability to code, R or Python
* A familiarity with tools to manage large data sets both discrete and continuous or principles of data indexing and management
Relocation:- Relocation assistance is not available for this position
Closing date:- This role will close for submissions 24/11/2017
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959512733