Design Engineer (high quality industrial equipment)
My client has several years of experience, and a rich history behind them. They are renowned for their high quality industrial equipment.
The company maintains its core focus on quality and excellent customer service to a constantly changing world market. Their commitment to quality and reliability is evidenced by the continual investment in improvement through design and manufacturing technology.
Act as product specialist servicing all technical aspects of the company?s range of products through the product life cycle. The role is approximately 50% design and detailing for new products and modification and the rest liaising with sales, works, and customers providing technical support.
- 3D solid modelling design preferably Solidworks
- HND/Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- HNC with a recognised traditional apprenticeship backed up with solid track record in a design environment.
- Detailing of precision manufactured parts
- Knowledge of general machining techniques
- Use FEA to optimise strength of components and economic manufacture
- Self-motivated with an enquiring mind and a passion for detail
- Strong problem solving skills, creative
- Methodical and organised
- Able to communicate at all levels throughout the business
- Knowledge of hazardous environment standards and legislation (ATEX)
- Design or experience of electrical rotating machines
- Product testing
Package and Hours
Salary negotiable dependent on experience
Hours: 8:30am - 5:00pm Monday to Thursday, 4:30pm finish on Friday (37.5hrs per week)
10% pension (employer contributes 5%)
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959496838