Software Engineer - NET, C# - London
Role Overview - C#, .NET Software Engineer based in Kings Cross, London
Software Engineers are key to building and maintaining the Green Man Gaming experience as well as delivering the scalability required by an aggressively growing business. We need more Software Engineers to help us manage the delivery of the team against these exciting platform requirements. This is a key and exciting role within the global Engineering team, responsible for the delivery of technology projects against key milestones. Key tasks:
- Maintain and further develop our ASP.NET, MVC, C# shop
- Assist other areas of the business with specifying what they need from
- Engineering to satisfy their requirements.
- Follow an Agile development process to get things done in a timely fashion
Thoroughly QA code before it is put live
Documentation of systems being developed and deployed
Maintaining security of the code through more specific tests
Perform and assist in Peer Code Reviews
Assist Systems Engineering with deployments
Keep up to date with emerging technologies and how they might fit into the GreenMan
Specific Engineering Requirements:
Solid C# experience
Solid MVC experience
Experience with Unit Tests, Test Driven Development, MVC, IOC / DI
Experience with Episerver is a benefit
Experience of working with Ecommerce solutions is a benefit
Good working knowledge of Visual Studio 2015, GIT
General duties and responsibilities
- Educated to degreelevel or equivalent experience
- Wellorganised and deliveryfocused
- A ?cando? attitude and ability to roll the sleeves up and get on with the work
- Contribute to an effective team working approach
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects to completion, within tight deadlines
- The ability to work well in a team, to put yourself forward as an individual and maintain a good sense of humor
You don?t need to be the most competitive gamer but it does help to have knowledge of gaming and the games industry We?ve got an exciting journey ahead ? come join us!
About Green Man Gaming
Based in the heart of London, UK, Green Man Gaming has been disrupting digital games since its launch in May 2010 and is currently one of the world's fastest growing pure play eCommerce platforms, selling over 8,000 digital games from more than 500 publishing partners in over 190 countries every month.
Supporting the gaming community Green Man Gaming has a huge and vibrant global social network of core gamers. This innovative service allows consumers to automatically track and reward their in-game achievements, trophies and gameplay across Steam, Xbox Live and PlayStation Network, as well as follow other gamers? achievements and conversations.
In addition to Green Man Gaming?s eCommerce platform and community, in January 2015 it launched a game publishing business, working with independent developers helping them maximise their PC game revenue.
This combination of Product+Data+Community has resulted in the creation of one of the fastest growing tech companies in the UK today.
Company awards and recognition:
- eCommerce Awards ? Pureplay eCommerce Company of the Year (Winner) ? Sept 2016
- eCommerce Awards ? Large eCommerce Company of the Year (Winner) ? Sept 2016
- The Sunday Times Hiscox Tech Track 100 (#61) - Sept 2016.
- The Sunday Times BT Business Export Track 100 (#53) ? May 2015.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959501214