Equipment Maintenance Engineer
BMR Solutions are currently recruiting for an Equipment Maintenance Engineer (Electrical) to work for our client who are an engineering / manufacturing company located in Chippenham, Wiltshire.
Job Title: Equipment Maintenance Engineer (Electrical)
Reporting to: Maintenance Supervisor
Direct Reports: None
Hours: 37 Hours per week, Monday to Friday (Days)
Job Type: Permanent
Sector: Electrical / Maintenance / Engineering / Installation / Three-phase / Production / Manufacturing / Fault-Finding / Circuits / Schematics / PM / Mechanical / Hydraulics / Pneumatics
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The post holder will maintain, install, repair and calibrate electrical / mechanical equipment relating to a manufacturing process.
- Experience working with three-phase electric power systems.
- Be familiar with the principles of fault-finding on electrical / mechanical equipment.
- Read and understand circuit schematic drawings.
- Perform calibrations and PM's of the equipment.
- Possess rudimental knowledge of pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical systems.
- Have a good general understanding of mechanical engineering.
- Have an understanding of Risk Assessments, PURA and safe working practices.
- Operate fully within the guidelines for Health & Safety and emergency procedures, particularly those identified in the Occupational Health & Safety Management System.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS / JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Time served apprenticeship in an Electrical Engineering discipline.
- HNC in Electrical Engineering.
- Self-motivated, with a flexible attitude towards the role and equipment to meet continually changing demands.
- A positive team attitude, with the added ability to work individually to get the work done.
- Be able to deal with changing priorities, and use own initiative.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels, and update regularly the progress of open issues, also build relationships with all departments.
- Commit to the continuous improvement & effectiveness of the Maintenance team.
- Have a desire to learn and understand the equipment, and strive for permanent effective repairs.
- Be PC literate, which includes closing off jobs effectively, and emails etc.
- Work occasional overtime if the need arises on critical equipment.
BMR Solutions acts in the capacity of an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959513291