Technical Support Specialist
Technical Support Specialist I ? Cardiff
LexisNexis is seeking a Technical Support Specialist with a background supporting laptops, desktops, printers and mobile devices within an office environment to provide technical and desktop support to staff members across all levels of the business. Our teams are enthusiastic and resourceful, supporting a growing business with a challenging and exciting roadmap.
As a Technical Support Specialist, you will be providing technical support for office and remote staff across a wide variety of functions (such as Sales, Legal, Finance, Customer Support and Technology), while progressing improvements, maintaining accurate asset logs and compliance with our regulatory requirements.
Do your skills meet our requirements?
What we do
At LexisNexis Risk Solutions, we help our clients manage customer identity, identify and combat fraud, assess risk and prevent money laundering and terrorist financing. Our ultimate aim is to facilitate safer financial transactions by helping clients to assess and manage relationship risk.
Cutting-edge technology and information solutions allow us to achieve these goals. Our proprietary big data platform supports local and global businesses in evaluating the risk associated with potential and existing customers. Worldwide risk data allows clients to flag and manage risks presented by individuals and businesses.
- Responding to technical support requests, either in person or remotely
- Providing high quality technical support to business users
- Monitoring support tickets and ensure they are being worked on and completed within a reasonable timeframe
- Configuring equipment for new and existing staff
- Proactive monitoring of equipment and software statuses
- Planning and progression of technical improvements
- Developing detailed technical and process documentation
- Managing access controls on LexisNexis systems
- Working closely with local and remote technical teams to achieve resolutions
- Monitoring systems performance and reporting on any potential capacity issues
- Maintaining a robust asset register with regular auditing
- All other duties as assigned
Skills & Experience
- Great customer facing skills and have a passion for developing and maintaining relationships
- Ability to configure workstations/laptops - Windows 10/Windows 7 (and Mac OS not essential but would be beneficial)
- Ability to complete hardware/software installations
- Good hardware/software troubleshooting skills
- Set up and configuration of mobile devices - iPhones and iPads in particular
- Experience of supporting Microsoft Office and web browsers
- Basic experience of Active Directory user and group administration, group policies and an understanding of share permissions
- Experienced in preparing workstations using images
- Understanding of software monitoring tools
- Previous use of knowledge base and project tracking tools such as Confluence and Jira
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good organisational skills
We?re a superb company to work for, with great people, world class technology, market leading products, a culture of innovation and collaboration, and superb career prospects
At LexisNexis Risk Solutions, we believe in the power of data and advanced analytics for better risk management. With over 40 years of expertise, we are the trusted data analytics provider for organizations seeking actionable insights to manage risks and improve results while upholding the highest standards for security and privacy. Headquartered in metro Atlanta, LexisNexis Risk Solutions serves customers in more than 100 countries and is part of FTS 100, RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries.
LexisNexis is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959449800