Accounts Payable Assistant
Processing the accounts payable function of finance to include capturing costs for trade creditors, independent contractors and staff expenses for DTI and Epiq UK and DTI Ireland. Posting supplier invoices and reconciling petty cash in addition to setting up payments. Reconcile trade creditor balance sheet accounts and cost of goods sold processed through RBI.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
1. Daily Tasks:
- Import daily RBI files into Open Accounts.
- Run error report clearing transaction errors.
- Investigate and resolve OA error report.
- Cash Flow forecast ? payables.
- Reconcile Open Accounts to RBI by running resource fee summary.
- Reconcile the invoices to purchase orders created in Open Accounts via interface to RBI database, and post costs to RL ledger.
- Scan, save AP invoices to network and post invoices to PL ledger.
- Manage AP process and ensure all AP invoices are authorized according to the company?s DOA.
- Review, code and scan AP invoices for processing.
2. Weekly Tasks:
- Code and reconcile credit card statement ensuring receipts/invoices are collected and VAT is accounted.
- Review and process staff expenses.
- Process Ireland AP invoices.
- Code and reconcile petty cash accounts.
- Setup payment for staff expenses and urgent AP invoices.
- Setup bi-weekly independent contractor payment.
- Reconcile supplier statements.
- Send invoices for approval.
- Ad-hoc AP duties.
- Deal with supplier queries by telephone and email and reconciling supplier statements.
- Provide assistance regarding payables and purchase order functions to non-financial users.
- Process of new supplier request forms in line with company processes and procedures.
- Ensure supplier payment details are up to date.
- Make ad hoc payments as requested.
- Prepare ad hoc reports as requested.
3. Monthly Tasks:
- Scan, save and post all trade creditors invoices ensuing all costs are captured for the month.
- Maintain Fixed Assets register including additions, disposal and depreciation.
- Reconcile supplier statements, chase for missing invoices and post to ledger.
- Import daily RBI files, clear error report and post all reporter costs to ledger.
- Reconcile RBI costs to Open Accounts to ensure all posted RBI transaction are captured; for both Ireland and UK contractors.
- Reconcile credit card statements and post to ledger.
- Reconcile and post all petty cash transactions.
- Reconcile PL, RL and EL ledgers to GL.
- Reconcile Fixed asset GL monthly.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation schedules for approval by AP/AR manager.
- Setup payments for suppliers, independent contractors and staff expenses.
- Run IC remittance advices and service charge invoices for UK and Ireland IC.
- Collect receipts and input onto SAP credit card statements.
- Filing and admin.
- Attention to detail
- Able to liaise across all levels in the business
- Team Player
- Able to manage, people, time and prioritise work load
- Able to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Computer literate and proficient with Excel
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959447340