Michael Page Engineering & Manufacturing are recruiting a Process Engineer for a Global Engineering organisation based in Swansea. As the Process Engineer you will be responsible for leading, promoting and implementing process improvements across the plant.
Our client is an established globally recognised engineering organisation who continue to grow. As part of the growth strategy and succession planning they have created a position for a Process Engineer.
- Contribute to the achievement of the manufacturing output objectives of Safety, Quality, Cost and OTIF delivery through focused performance improvement and plant improvement projects
- Champion Continuous Improvement in your designated area(s) of responsibility and projects, by taking ownership for your own and team performance
- Identify opportunities for improvement, gather the data, analyse and devise / justify improvement projects which deliver tangible outcomes, savings, improvements
- Improve all aspects of the manufacturing operation through the application of lean principles.
- Improve quality - eliminating all aspects of Waste, reduce non-conformances, re-work, rejects, and concessions mentality
- Reduce downtime and changeovers.
- Eliminate waste (in all its forms).
- Develop standardised processes and procedures to support "right first time", optimise equipment and people productivity.
- Develop, improve and control critical process parameters and optimise processes
- Improve the plant layout, material flow, process re-design, inventory reduction
- Act upon meaningful and focused operational KPI's and also identify/establish new KPI's.
- Contribute effectively within the team, schedule workflow through the department to maximise efficiency, ensuring quality and delivery expectations are exceeded.
- Understand, improve and develop the cost model to provide quotations that maximise profit and competitive position in the market place.
- Develop and justify capital expenditure plans and execute in a timely manner.
- Effectively manage all costs within budget constraints, monitoring and challenging spend.
- Ideally a time served Engineering Apprentice.
- Degree qualified in Mechanical or Materials Engineering highly desirable.
- Varied industrial experience in process improvement / plant engineering positions in batch process and manufacturing industries.
- Continuous improvement, fault finding and NPI specific training and experience.
- Highly self-motivated, performance and results driven.
- High levels of intellect and initiative, a problem solver and solution provider.
- Experienced practitioner of Lean with excellent understanding and demonstrable evidence of the application of Lean manufacturing principles.
- Strong and determined individual with excellent interpersonal skills.
- A team player, a team builder, a persuader, a change agent, a winner.
£30,000 to £34,000, excellent benefits package and realistic development and training.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959509074