Tax Controversy Manager
Role: Tax Controversy Manager
Salary: £66,000 - £83,000 plus excellent benefits
Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Join Corporate Functions and you will become part of a diverse team which offers the essential expertise that enables all our employees to deliver high performance to our clients. Our Corporate Functions professionals work in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, Legal, Marketing and Communications, CIO, Information Security, and Geographic Services.
Whether you work directly with clients or manage important internal initiatives and efforts, you?ll find amazing opportunities to make a measurable difference.
What responsibilities will you have?
Accenture is seeking a tax manager to focus on international tax audit issues. The position is to join a team in Accenture Tax Group directly responsible for the management of tax audits in various jurisdictions.
Coordinating delivery of information requests, ensuring consistency across various jurisdictions.
- Preparing exam-ready tax defence files, written materials and analyses describing and supporting tax return positions.
- Managing the execution of the tax controversy process in an efficient manner and keep the various activities in track.
- Enhancing transparency and real time knowledge sharing affording more lead-time to adequately consider appropriate strategies for managing the impact of tax controversies.
- Sharing the data generated during the tax audit process with other tax teams (tax accounting reporting, statutory reporting and post exam).
Additionally (on a as required basis):
- Assisting in reviewing tax positions to assess and mitigate compliance risks.
- Assisting with informational interviews of members in various business and corporate services teams to prepare business defence files.
- Communicating and attending meetings with tax jurisdictions.
- Preparing and presenting presentations on various tax issues to tax authorities.
Skills and Experiences
Direct tax experience with tax controversy or alternatively experience in international tax and transfer pricing issues in a law firm.
- CTA/ADIT qualified (or EU/USA equivalent).
- Excellent writing English skills
- Must possess the ability to think strategically while also engaging in day-to-day tactical details.
- Must demonstrate a proven ability to identify and manage tax risks.
- Should have in-depth tax technical knowledge.
- Must be able to communicate, written and verbal, complex tax concepts in ways that are meaningful and useful to tax and non-tax professionals.
- Must interact with other members of the Tax Team handling various tax issues including information reporting, direct and indirect tax, mergers and acquisitions and tax compliance:
- Law / Economic Degree.
- A second language other than English is a plus but not required.
What?s in it for you?
All our Corporate Functions professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialised skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days? vacation per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions?underpinned by the world?s largest delivery network?Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at *****************.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 10/12/2017
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959494964