Location: High Wycombe
Salary: Competitive rates of pay
My client are looking for a financial Controller to join their well-established team based in High Wycombe. The Company was created in April 2014 to help release new investment to upgrade its operational infrastructure and reinvigorate their brand, building on its rich heritage.
- Leads the month-end process for the business to ensure the timely delivery of robust financial information.
- Leads the preparation of the month-end Management Business Reporting presentation.
- Creates strong relationships with auditors (PWC) and 3rd party tax advisors (Grant Thornton)
- Leads the year-end process (Audit and Statutory accounts) with support from the finance teams and the wider Hovis business
- Leads the delivery of all aspects of tax, to include Corporation Tax and VAT, supported by GL team and 3rd party tax advisors. Grant Thornton prepare the Corporation Tax computations under, with the support and review of the Hovis finance team.
- Leads the payroll team, supported by a payroll manager. Ensure the payroll function is delivered on a timely and efficient basis.
- Leads the transactions team, which includes Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, supported by a Head of Transactions, ensuring timely and efficient delivery of service and effect cash flow planning.
- Responsible for the Balance Sheet forecasting and supporting the Treasury Cash Forecasting
- Creates, develops and implements accounting policies that are appropriate for the Hovis business and that strengthen internal controls. Leading a strong financial control environment
- People Interfaces
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA) Extensive PQE
- Audit experience
- Experience in creating and reviewing UK statutory accounts
- Recent experience with month-end closing
- Management of qualified and non-qualified finance colleagues
- Tax experience (desirable)
- FMCG experience (desirable)
- Positive attitude
- Team player
- Bias for action
- Taking the lead
- Collaborative approach
- Enjoys developing and mentoring others
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Comfortable working outside of the job description to ensure positive outcomes
This vacancy is being managed by Jake Harrison at Spear Recruitment Ltd.
Spear Recruitment Spear Recruitment Ltd is Employment agency acting as such under the Employment Act 2008 and Employment Agencies Act 1973
Spear Recruitment Ltd are on Facebook and you call follow us on Twitter @spearrec
Use of all or any part of this advert to or in any media, without Spear Recruitment Ltd prior written permission is prohibited and may result in criminal or civil actions.
Copyright Spear Recruitment Limited 2014
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959513341