Desktop Support Specialist
Desktop Support Specialist / London / 9 Months Contract / 175 GBP (Per Day)
The job holder resolves and reports various desktop or Infrastructure problems providing 2nd line desktop support to approximately 1500 users. S/he assists users and management to install, configure, and troubleshoot PC/Infrastructure Hardware and Software. S/he provides solutions to unique business applications and/or core application and O/S. S/he schedules changes to keep downtime to a minimum.
- To provide IT/Desktop support services to employees to ensure that all service levels are achieved.
- To adhere to system procedures ensuring they are maintained in line with BNYM standards
- To provide resource on systems projects
- To ensure that all systems procedures are clear, accurate and updated regularly
- To suggest and assist in implementing improvements to operational procedures and technologies
- To procure IT hardware & software for London as required and record same in the asset register
- To install and configure PC?s and network equipment
- To ensure the stability, continuity and recoverability of the London technical environment
- To pro-actively build and maintain good working relationships with the Business to enhance the delivery of IT Services within corporate policies.
- Keeps line managers updated and escalates issues appropriately
- Keeps team updated with changes, new business etc
- Liaises effectively with other departments in order to support overall service
- Minimum 2-5 years IT/IS experience
- Must have experience working in an Financial services/IT environment
- Service Delivery focused with direct customer facing experiences.
- Must have experience providing high level technical support in a very demanding environment
- Must have experience in supporting demanding Business Users and External Clients
- Must have in depth Microsoft Office support knowledge
- Experience of remote admin tools, SQL environments, IBM Mainframe, Unix, and NetWare
- Experience of LAN, WAN, MAN and Internet connectivity experience
- Experience of multi-domain environments
- Familiar with ITIL
If you match these requirements, please apply in the normal way. Elevate will send you an email, please open, click and action that email and your application will be visible to the hiring organisation directly.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959511626