Technical Architect (Infrastructure)
Job Title - Technical Architect
Location - Newtownabbey, Capita Managed IT Solutions
Competitive Salary & Benefits
In this role you will be responsible for designing innovative, technical infrastructure solutions for customers within Capita. Working at senior technical level, you will have responsibility for the design of high-level technical and professional services projects. This role demands an understanding of customer requirements to provide innovative solutions with excellent documentation support.
Excellent customer skills are a necessity for this role along with the ability to interface with major vendors and clients. Product evaluation and skills development are required along with support responsibilities to the wider Implementation Services team.
Additionally, there should be specific focus on making the role commercially successful for the Capita Business by ensuring a high level of chargeable time spent on the delivery and management of projects and consultancy engagements.
Why work for Capita Managed IT Solutions?
We deliver organisational brilliance through our tailor-made IT solutions. Capita is a remarkable organisation and an amazing place to work, and our range of IT services and skillsets is nearly as vast as our family of clients and partners.
Through our bespoke IT solutions, we've helped countless organisations unlock genuine value and realise their true potential. For our employees, this brings unique and diverse opportunities, and offers real career advancement and personal progression.
If you believe in doing things better, providing expertise and help where it's needed, and fulfilling your true career potential, then you're already one of us - you just don't work hereyet!
- Proven experience in the design and documentation of complex infrastructure solutions.
- Vast knowledge of Operating Systems, Virtualisation, Storage and Cloud Technology
- Be technically knowledgeable on different platforms and be able to demonstrate that knowledge to a very high level.
- Ability to develop policies standards and guidelines.
- Development of strategic infrastructure roadmaps.
- Ability to interface with vendors and third parties to deploy innovative design solutions, develop relationships and opportunities.
- Excellent communication skills - verbal, written and presentation
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills to be able to deal with Sales, Customers, Technical Consultants and other members of the wider Professional Services Team
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight timelines.
- Strong demonstrable 'ownership' ethic
- Strong commercial and competitor awareness
- 'Can-Do' attitude to delivery in all cases
- Certifications in Microsoft technologies.
- Strong Virtualisation skills (VMWare, HyperV, Citrix)
- Good working knowledge of Storage and Backup Technologies
- Networking Experience within a large enterprise setup
- Good Knowledge of Antivirus and Backup Solutions within an enterprise environment
- Ability to self teach deployments in-house before over-seeing on customer sites
- Relevant levels of accreditation for the area of focus of the role
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary, we also give you 23 day's holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
Get to know us better: *********************
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959513643