Optics Engineer (12 month Fixed Term Contract)
My retained client, based in Dunfermline, is a high-profile business operating in the Medical Device market designing, developing and manufacturing products that offer early identification of health issues in patients. The products are beautifully designed as well as being patient friendly and are highly regarded for both their performance and functionality.
This role provides the opportunity to build your career in a stimulating industry, where the work you do will have a direct impact on people?s health, ultimately saving sight and lives. The company also provides you with the opportunity to see your work go from end to end- from concept to end use.
Culturally, the business has a highly developed engineering focus and is an excellent place to develop your skill set and your career. The business has invested heavily in its staff, allowing them to develop and grow.
The purpose of this role is ultimately to design and develop optical systems for retinal imaging products as part of a multi-disciplinary R&D team.
- Design and development of optical systems for novel retinal imaging products.
- Contribution to continuous improvement in existing product range through design analysis and innovative technology solutions.
- Develop optical test methods for complex optical systems and sub-assemblies.
- Develop detailed design specification for passive and active optical components.
- Identify suitable suppliers for optical and opto-electronic components and assemblies.
- Provide customer support in a pro-active manner.
- Educated to degree level in Optics, Optoelectronics or Physics with optics or equivalent education gained through work experiences.
- Competency/Experience in optical design along with analysis using modelling (preferably ZEMAX) and experimental/prototyping methods essential.
- An understanding of optical test methods and standard specifications for optical components.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959511718