IT security analyst - SIEM
The IT Security Analyst acts as the subject matter expert for key global IT security technologies within the organisation's estate, specifically the Web security, firewalls (Cisco & Fortigate) and SIEM (Splunk) products.
My Client a global FTSE 250 professional services organisation based in London. They are undertaking an ambitious piece of work across the organisation which will improve the IT security services delivered to the business.
- Act as subject matter expert for security technologies.
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert for the organisations Web security (Zscaler), firewalls (Cisco & Fortigate) and SIEM (currently Splunk) products.
- In close cooperation with the Security Operations and Infrastructure Operations functions, ensure continuous operational health, optimal configuration and effective reporting.
- Provide expert IT security support to the Information Security Manager and Security Operations Manager when needed.
- Implement and manage global SIEM platform.
- Actively drive the design and implementation of a new global SIEM platform. Review the current SIEM solution, identify options for extending or replacing the current solution and drive the selection of a SIEM solution that is fit for purpose on a global basis.
- Provide monthly operational reporting.
- Provide IT security expertise to IT projects.
- Represent IT security on new IT projects.
- At least five years IT security experience.
- Good level of knowledge in the technologies for which they will be acting as Subject Matter Expert: Web security (Zscaler), firewalls (Cisco & Fortigate) and SIEM (Splunk).
- Proven track record of establishing and managing a SIEM platform.
- Demonstrable breadth and depth of IT security knowledge.
- Proven ability to establish, deploy and operate IT security technology in a practical, pragmatic way.
- Self-motivated, analytical and driven to perform.
- Working well as part of a multinational, geographically distributed team.
Competitive salary + Company Benefits.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959513324