Junior Engineer - Up to £25,000 - Permanent - Crawley, West Sussex
Our client, the world's largest collection of specialist travel brands require a dynamic, flexible Junior Voice Engineer to join their ever-growing ranks. The new position has been created in order to provide additional BAU cover & project support for the existing Voice & Infrastructure team.
This is an excellent opportunity for an engineer with basic knowledge of administering voice elements in a call centre environment, and to develop and learn from the best in the industry.
- Basic knowledge of networking including SIP, TCP\IP, DNS, DHCP etc.
- Basic understanding of core VOIP technologies & telephony hardware/software
- Exposure to Avaya\Cisco\Alcatel\Mitel etc.
- General basic knowledge of Wintel & Linux server technology
- Customer facing role - excellent written and verbal skills are essential & the ability to learn from troubleshooting experiences
- Must be meticulous with a keen eye for detail - maintaining documentation and flowcharts
- Self-motivated and able to work alone or in a small team over multiple locations
Additional Skills - Desirable but not essential
- AV installation, basic audio recording & editing principles
- Understanding of Unified Comms,
- Knowledge of structured cabling standards - CAT5\6 & Fibre etc.
- Understanding of Data Centre environments - PROD\DR, mechanical & electrical principles
Required Experience and Certification
- Minimum 2 years+ in some kind of hands-on technical role (1st or 2nd line)
- Relevant MCP, ITIL etc. would be advantageous but not essential
Due to the volume of applications, we regret that we can only respond to those meeting our above requirements.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959511752