Mechanical Design Engineer - Aerospace
B/E Aerospace, a wholly owned subsidiary of Rockwell Collins, is a leading manufacturer of aircraft interior products and currently has some exciting opportunities based at our Leighton Buzzard facility, including x8 Mechanical Design Engineers.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Design Engineer will be required to research, plan, design and develop mechanical products and systems.
Key responsibilities include ?
- The design and detail modelling of a variety of suite components in order to meet the programme requirements
- The creation of Service Bulletins, Repair Schemes and Service Letters that meets the customers modifications or repair needs and that conform to EASA requirements through our DOA procedures
- Managing and meeting cost and weight targets
- Communicating effectively and professionally with customers and suppliers, translating technical information (Airbus, Boeing, Sukhoi and other Commercial airlines)
- Participating in Design Reviews throughout each phase of the New Product Introduction process
- The selection and application of materials and processes appropriate to each design element
- Ensuring the successful integration of each design element with the product as a whole
- Following and contributing to the development of the Best Practice guidelines as laid out in Quality documentation
- Checking engineering packages
- Generating and/or revising specifications
- Participating in the validation of the product (using such methods as prototyping, test, DFMEA)
- Any other reasonable duties
We are looking for someone who has an Engineering degree or ONC/HNC in design related field and/or proven related experience -
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Good team working skills
- The ability to work with a low level of supervision and intervention
- Sufficient engineering capability and experience to create effective engineered solutions
- Competent user of the incumbent CAD and data management systems
- MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- A working knowledge of the various methods of manufacture to be employed such as: Machining, Casting, Vacuum forming, Injection moulding, Composite materials, Trim and finish.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959495130