Information Security Engineer
Information Security Engineer
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization
The Security Specialist role is responsible for providing operational leadership and support for the global security infrastructure within the group. As part of the Security Operations Team, the candidate will work closely with different IT teams to implement and support security infrastructure across the group.
- Provide operational ownership for security infrastructure & services (firewalls, AWS, VARM, SIEM, WAF, IPS etc.), enforcing standards, policy compliance and running day-to-day operations.
- Enforce governance, provide support and operational escalation for the production security environment, being the point of contact for all security related issues and work closely with different groups to identify, troubleshoot and resolve different vulnerabilities.
- Proactively monitor security infrastructure, identify areas of concern and develop action plans to address them.
- Work closely with management to establish and deliver consistent technical direction and report on network performance metrics.
- Identify opportunities to improve and use new ideas and related networking/security technologies to meet or exceed business objectives.
Education, Training, Professional Certification and Work Experience:
- 5+ years practical experience in an enterprise network and security environment as a network/security specialist, analyst, or technical support.
- At least 3 years in network security in the services and industry experience in developing and supporting network security policies and standards.
- Strong Security and hands-on experience in configuring and supporting firewalls (Checkpoint platforms), AWS, Akamai Kona WAF, OWASP top10, etc.
- Thorough understanding of TCP/IP and general internetworking concepts.
- Must have experience with security and network manufacturers market leaders, concepts, best practices, and technologies.
- Must be familiar with network management, monitoring tools and protocols.
- Fluent English.
- Technical certifications are desirable.
- Linux experience a plus.
- Design and documentation will be a plus.
- Keep fully abreast of trends and changing technologies as they relate to Information Security threats and new technologies.
Founded in 1996, StepStone Group is one of the most successful online job board businesses in the world today.
StepStone Group is composed of different companies: StepStone (Germany, Belgium, Austria, Netherlands, Luxembourg and France), Totaljobs Group, Jobsite & Saon Group located in UK, Saon Group located in Ireland, UK, South Africa & South America.
Generous Benefits Package includes:
- 37.5 hour working week;
- 29 Days Holiday plus bank holidays
- Group Pension Scheme
- Life Cover x 4 basic annual salary
- 2 paid charity days per year
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free Eye Tests
- Season Ticket Loan (after probation)
- Childcare Allowance (after probation)
- Up to 6 free Physio Sessions (after probation)
- Excellent Maternity & Paternity Pay/Leave
Please ensure your eligibility to work in the UK before applying.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959495936