Job Description for Systems Design Engineer
Chess Dynamics Ltd is a medium sized UK company that provides technical solutions within the defence and security sectors. It marries mechanical and electro-optical engineering with video management software to provide users with discrete surveillance systems.
We are currently recruiting for a Systems Design Engineer to assist in all phases across the complete systems engineering lifecycle; including requirements capture, system architecture design, and verification and validation activities.
Working as part of an established engineering community and supported by a team of experienced engineers, the Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for:
- Supporting the specification, architectural design, and verification and validation of projects, including Safety Cases
- Developing and applying knowledge of systems engineering to undertake and support various tasks and activities across the lifecycle, delivering to agreed performance targets, including cost and schedule.
- Applying practical skills in design techniques for defence and commercial applications, understanding key process tools and technologies.
- Working closely with the wider engineering team to manage design changes and solve problems on complex systems.
- Assist project & senior management with engineering projects
- Assist with the development of the Safety Case for Systems.
- Progress items to required timescales so that overall project milestones are achieved
- Work with customers to assist integration, commissioning and problem resolution activities
Experience & Qualifications
- A strong academic background with a degree in a relevant engineering discipline is required
- Proven knowledge of the systems engineering lifecycle, including requirements management, system design process (including system and sub-system specification) and product validation and verification.
- Previous experience of Land / Military Systems is required
- Ability to produce clear and concise technical documentation, able to demonstrate system-level thinking
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Visio, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Location: Horsham office
Salary: £competitive + benefits
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959492488