Project Engineer - Automotive Fasteners - 34119 - up to £22Ltd
The successful candidate will work within the Fastener Engineering Team (close collaboration with PD, Purchase, Manufacturing) and liaise closely with the preferred suppliers to support cross-carline functions.
- Provide technical fastener and fastening guidance to engineers working on vehicle design & development.
- Assist in the creation, development and maintenance of fastener & Finish standards and specifications.
- Provide support in the development of engineering drawings and the creation of part numbers and numbering conventions.
- Development of the 'Value Fasteners' commonality initiative, in support of part count reduction/rationalisation.
- Fastener database - data upload & maintenance and ability to search & analyse output.
- Knowledge of and working experience of fasteners and associated finishes in an Automotive (or similar) engineering environment.
- Effective communication skills essential - both verbal & written, being computer literate with experience of mainframe IT systems.
- Self-motivated & able to work to a high standard with minimal supervision, with a proven ability to work within strict timing constraints.
- Must have a sound technical/engineering background.
- Experience in Fasteners, Materials, Mechanical Engineering or an engineering discipline would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of fastening products, surface finishing and assembly techniques desirable.
- An ability to analyse problems / generate solutions and achieve results, making effective use of all resources available within the company and supplier base.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic, with ability to multi task and a willingness to learn.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959486057