Chief Engineer - Maritime, Naval, Navy, RADAR, EW
Maritime Chief Engineer - Permanent - Hampshire - Excellent Salary
The Maritime Chief Engineer must be a champion of teamwork and foster a team environment that encourages ownership and accountability across the functional membership.
* Proven experience in leading the delivery of complex technical solutions in the maritime domain
* Detailed knowledge and experience of Maritime electronic systems e.g. Navigation, RADAR, ESM, Communications etc.
* Extensive experience of working with Maritime and IMO standards
* Proven system engineering team leadership experienceDesired Skills:* Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise resources to react to operational requirements
* Proven inter-personal and technical skills and must be able to work within a small technical team and provide technical expertise and leadership when required* Self-starting and capable of working effectively without day to day supervision under only general direction. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
* Strong customer and end user focus and capable of readily interpreting and influencing Customer thinking
* Capable of formulating of proposal plans / schedules, development effort and cost estimates
* The Maritime Chief Engineer will report to Maritime Systems Engineering Manager
* Overall technical responsibility for all the Maritime Programmes
* Being the Design Authority and technical design signatory
* Provide leadership and guidance to the technical team in delivering complex technical electronic maritime solutions
* Responsible for the full development lifecycle from concept to in-service
* Sell-off of all requirements across all Engineering functions
* Liaising and coordinating with all internal and external stakeholder to ensure all technical aspects of the programme are met
* Chairing/attending various maritime working groups and technical interchange meetings
* Chairing technical design reviews e.g. SRR, SDR, PDR, CDR and PRR
* Providing technical leadership to PMs, Subcontract PMs other functions including ILS, Installation, QA and other technical functions.
* Owning maritime engineering technical deliverables including supplier SDRLs and Customer CDRLs
* Acting as senior technical point of contact with all stakeholders
* The Maritime Chief Engineer will be required to support new maritime business opportunities
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £300!
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC security clearance. If you do not hold an active SC clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959493020