Thales Advanced Weapon Systems in Belfast are seeking a System Architect. Thales in Belast designs, develops and manufactures low cost, high volume missile systems. With sites in Belfast, Crossgar and Thorney Island the company specialises in lightweight missiles and the integration of weapon systems into tactical platforms such as land vehicles, helicopters and Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs).
An opportunity has arisen within our Systems Engineering group, working on the design and development of innovative technical solutions that meet customer requirements and business needs. The role covers all aspects of the product lifecycle, from requirements capture and analysis through system specification, concept studies, modelling and simulation, design and development, system integration, validation and qualification.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Work with project teams to capture, analyse, interpret and agree customer and product requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Define the system architecture, including allocation of functional requirements to sub-system hardware and software elements, to meet all product requirements analysing technological choices to optimize the trade-off between candidate solutions, customer requirements, cost and risks.
- Lead the system lifecycle and co-ordinate technical specialists across disciplines in terms of system architecture definition and decomposition to sub-system and component elements, system studies, performance assessment, interface definition and technical trade-offs.
- Development of Architectural Models, e.g. System Behaviour Models.
- Establish and maintain the system architecture through all phases of conceptual design, system specification, architectural design, design evaluation, performance estimation and system validation.
- Act as technical point of contact for the system architecture, ensuring consistency across the sub-system design identifying risks and subsequent mitigation activities.
- Approve specification acceptance criteria, verification results/evidence and completion of the integration, verification, validation qualification and certification phases.
- Support the System Engineering Manager and Project Design Authority in the solution development cycle.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications needed:
- System architecting experience of complex systems and solutions.
- Defining technical solutions and delivering technical proposals for complex systems within typical constraints (limited time, budget, resource).
- Generation of Systems documentation, including: Requirements Specifications, Design Specifications, Test Plans, and Test Specifications.
- Ability to analyse customer requirements and negotiate requirement/solution trade-offs to achieve a winning compromise between cost, schedule, and compliance.
- Experience in system engineering processes including functional baseline management, i.e. specification writing, requirements analysis/management, system level design, functional partitioning/allocation and interface design/control.
- Strong organisational and team working skills.
- 2:1 or higher degree in Electronics, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Maths, Software, or Systems Engineering (or equivalent qualifications).
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959508427