The future of the UK's Energy is in our hands. Join us and make it your job to see our ideas come to life.
Our Digital Grid business based in Rochester are on the lookout for a Calibration Engineer to bolster the team. Your role will be varied in that you will work with laboratory technicians to calibrate energy meters as well as power and energy standards and other customer instruments. Coupled with your laboratory work, there is also the opportunity for some travel, as you will be able to complete site visits and carry out on-site calibration to our customers such as for power stations.
The business in Rochester is responsible for designing, building & commissioning metering based systems and Auxiliary equipment which is put into a variety of our customer sites. We install meters for a plethora of industries such as; Wind and solar farms for Dong Energy, Fossil Fuel and Nuclear power stations as well as for National Grid.
This role is split between a technical support role and also a testing/ calibration position which will enable you to gain a wide variety of experience within this business.
As our Calibration Engineer you will:
- Calibrate Energy Meters and Energy Standards in accordance with approved procedures
- Provide technical product support such as being involved in software upgrades
- Review procedures and other internal documents in accordance with internal review program
- Work with the senior technician to maintain monthly checks of laboratory instruments
- Help with the development of new calibration systems for lab and site use
- Work towards being able to perform calibration on site and help with the development of procedures
- Work in other areas of the business not associated with the laboratory to gain knowledge and skills to enable unsupervised work to be undertaken in the products and projects areas of the business as and when required
- Demonstrate or gain practical engineering skills to support the UKAS lab
- You will have a HNC in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Ideally you will have Calibration testing experience however this is not essential
- You will enjoy working in a highly detailed environment
- Great communication skills are essential, coupled with the ability to work as part of a team
We're Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them.
Our daily lives depend on a steady supply of affordable electricity. Our Energy Management Division is committed to meeting this energy challenge through the supply of products, systems, solutions, and services for the economical, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. Siemens are constantly innovating and pushing the boundaries in how digitalisation is shaping the future of the energy industry; we need the best and brightest talent onboard to be able to support us on this journey.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We're excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas ,of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone's lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. In addition to this we offer 26 days holiday, up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme, employee discounts and a flexible benefits package to match your lifestyle needs.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That's why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what's right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959507925