Financial Controller (Small Tech Firm)
Your new company
This organisation are a small, developing tech business with a family feel. They are looking for a financial controller to join the business. The company have recently gone into new markets and are experiencing an exciting period of growth.
Your new role
The role will be a newly created function following the retirement of a long standing finance professional. The requirements of the role highlight the desire for the new FC to really add some value and have a hand in the improvement of processes.
The role will give the successful candidate a really good mix of responsibilities including ownership of finance function and commercial interaction with operational team.
- Ensure management are regularly supplied with the appropriate quality and quantity of financial and business data to enable them to effectively manage the business.
- Maintain full accounting and business records for the all the Companies in the Group and any associated companies in accordance with policies and procedures, local legislation and fiscal requirements.
- Report on a monthly basis to management, the actual results for the month and forecast information as defined by company financial timetable and requirements.
- Comply with external audit requirements.
- Prepare statutory accounts for all companies and reconciliations to management accounts.
- Monthly preparation of the Sales personnel's commission statements and the Sales Manager's bonus provision.
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns
- Prepare all other statutory and fiscal reporting.
- Ensure that revenue recognition takes place at the appropriate time with a full recognition of the associated costs.
- Reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis for review with the Finance Director/Managing Director.
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with the ability to engage with senior stakeholders whilst taking ownership of a finance function.
What you'll get in return
You will work for a recognised award winning business, healthcare scheme, pension, discounted gym, childcare voucher scheme, life assurance & good holiday allowance.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77557588