3rd Level Network Engineer / Consultant
3rd Level Network Engineer / Consultant - Winchester - Full Time - 3 Month Contract - £450pd umbrella
We are looking for an IT Contractor who will have the ability to operate within an enterprise infrastructure team at 3rd level, acting as part of a team of key technical leads on a wide range of products and services, delivering on both project implementation and support.
The Network Services team is responsible for the support, maintenance, development and delivery of all network & internet infrastructure components critical for the delivery of the organisations applications and services, supporting the corporate goals
The IT infrastructure is used by over 35,000 staff, including staff in partner organisations. Additionally, the underlying infrastructure is fundamental to the delivery of services to the citizens of Hampshire and beyond.
Your duties and responsibilities will include;
- Managing, developing and delivering effective, efficient IT services and to take an active role in the provision of technical, business IT advice and consultancy to fulfil organisational requirements and strategy
- Understanding and analysing customer requirements and make recommendations for solutions, taking into account the broader corporate and IT business objects
- Deciding and approving what actions need to be taken to resolve problems or issues
- Assessing the viability of solutions to business problems and consider the impact on the wider organisation
- Evaluating and selecting systems/ products and provide recommendations for improvements to service
- Successfully balance conflicting demands, taking decisions on priorities
To be suitable for this opportunity; you must have knowledge & experience in:
- Citrix Netscaler Networking (Load-Balancing, Content Switching, Web Application Firewalling)
- Checkpoint Firewall (R65, 75, 77)
- Network Firewall Policy management, review, and optimisation
- Network Security principles
- Cisco/Extreme/Dell switching/routing
- SSL Certificate chaining
The right candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Good communication skills - able to manage both customers and vendors under pressure
- Good grasp of networking essentials
- Experience of working within a strict change management environment
- Experience of handling multiple tasks running concurrently with varying complexity, time constraints, impacts and risks
The rate for this position is £450pd limited. This position is available full time Monday - Friday 37 hours a week. Initially the contract will be offered at 3 months but there is a view to extend. Out of hours maybe required and will be discussed if/ when demand arises
Closing date for applications is Friday July 15 2016 at 18:00. Additional checks will be required on application. Start date: ASAP
This role is based in Winchester.
For more information on this opportunity and to apply please call Ali Davies at Excipion on ************ and email your CV to ********************..
STR Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959510826