Reed Business Support are currently recruiting for one of our well known Edinburgh city centre based public sector clients. The organisation are currently in need of an experienced Compliance Officer to take on a role lasting a minimum of 3 months covering long term sickness.
To provide a centralised compliance function for the client ensuring compliance with Information legislation and the Financial Memorandum.
- Support the Risk & Improvement Manager with the development and enhancement of organisations Quality management System. In particular the transition to ISO 9001 2015.
- Coordinate and maintain organisations Integrated Audit Schedule to ensure ongoing delivery of the same and provide reporting as required.
- Act as organisations focal point for Information Legislation affecting a Public Body, by providing internal advice and instruction to all areas including policy to ensure awareness and compliance.
- Track DPA and FOI compliance providing reports, managing identified non-conformances and resolving issues arising to ensure understanding and how to comply throughout organisation.
- Review, revise and propose updated draft Data Protection, Freedom of Information and records management policies, including procedures to be submitted for board approval, ensuring they fit with current legislation and practice
- Design and deliver training and awareness courses on Data Protection and Freedom of Information (and other legal requirements) to ensure management and staff are aware of current legislation and their responsibilities.
- Co-ordinate, consult and respond to Freedom of Information requests made to the organisation and ensure that the response is issued within the time period allowed in the Freedom of Information Act
- Co-ordinate organisations Driving Licence checking process annually, to ensure that all designated drivers remain compliant with corporate requirements.
- Meeting timescales
- User satisfaction
- Clean audit
ESSENTIAL Skills & Knowledge
- Business Management System ISO 9001
- Currency of Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information Act
- Corporate Governance
- ISEB DP qualification
Sound like the role for you? Apply online today!
Reed Specialist Recruitment is an Employment Agency and an Employment Business for permanent and temporary recruitment. In response to your application Reed will contact you by phone, email or SMS to discuss it and related opportunities. You can opt out at any time using the links provided.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959494875