Deputy Data Protection Officer - Insurance - City - £70,000
Leading general insurer require a Deputy Data Protection Officer to assist the Group Data Protection Officer in complying with the requirements of the EU GDPR and UK Data Protection Bill.
The remit of the role will include the following:
- Monitoring compliance with regulations and internal policies in relation to the protection of personal data.
- Cooperating with the supervisory authority.
- Creating new policies, procedures and accountability frameworks.
- Updating third party and data processor contracts in conjunction with Legal.
- Implementing data transfer agreements. Reviewing and providing advice on Data Privacy Impact Assessments (DPIA). Specifying improvements to organisational and technical measures.
- Production and delivery of training and awareness packs.
- Fulfilling Subject Access and UK DPA 1998 Section 29/35 requests (or equivalent) in addition to all e-Disclosure requests to support claims litigation cases.
- Maintaining expert knowledge through continuing professional education, training courses, seminars and conferences.
- Recognised qualifications in Data Protection (such as CIPP/E, CIPT, CIPM, ISEB) will be advantageous, those who are or prepared to study for the qualifications are welcome to apply, support will be provided.
The ideal candidate will have gained prior experience in a Data Protection role, coupled with working knowledge of the EU GDPR. Insurance industry experience is not a prerequisite, the role presents an opportunity to gain sector specific exposure.
Please apply with your CV.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959512284