Senior NET Developer C# ASPNET Web API Agile Trading London
Senior .NET Developer required by my financial client in London.
(C# Web API WebAPI WebAPI2 .NET 4.5 Senior Technical Lead Developer SOLID Microservices Micro Services Micro-services CQRS Event Sourcing DevOps Agile Software Engineer Programmer RESTful Digital Finance Banking Trading Trade FX Foreign Exchange Forex Tradefloor Front Office Front-Office FO)
You MUST have the following experience:
- ASP.NET Web API (WebAPI / WebAPI2)
- SOLID principles
- Excellent C# developer/programmer/software engineer
- One of the following:
- continuous integration (e.g. Bamboo/Hudson, TeamCity, MSBuild)
- automated deployment (e.g. Chef, Octopus, PowerShell, Ansible)
- configuration management (e.g. Puppet, PowerShell DCS)
- One of the following:
- DDD (Domain Driven Design / Domain-Driven Design)
- CQRS- Command Query Responsibility Segregation/ Event-sourcing / Event Sourcing
- Micro services (microservices / micro-services) knowledge, even if not commercial
The following is DESIRABLE, not essential:
- A contributor to the online and open-source community
- Experience with HATEOAS
- Experience with trading applications (Trade/Tradefloor/Foreign Exchange/FOREX/FX)
Role: Senior .NET Developer (C# Software Engineer/Programmer) in an Agile environment for a trading department (FX/Foreign Exchange/Trading/Tradefloor) of a bank in London. You will be working in a scrum of 7/8 developers, testers, business analysts and DevOps.
You will be working with C# 6 and ASP.NET Web API 2.x. to build software / applications used by clients and traders in the front office. Some of the work will be to extend existing applications and add functionality, some of the work will be completely greenfield.
The department is mature and still evolving from an Agile and DevOps perspective. In some products, releases can be as many as 30/month. Configuration management, automated deployment and continuous integration are done with PowerShell DSC, MS Build, TeamCity and Octopus Deploy.
In development terms, they are mature adopters of DDD, HATEOAS, microservices (micro services / micro-services), CQRS and event-sourcing. They invest heavily in training, sponsoring 2 weeks every year. They attend community events and commission consultants such as Dan North.
The environment is relaxed and creative. Hours are 9-5 and staff retention is high. The culture is meritocratic and rewards talent.
Duration: 6-12 months
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959510232