Home Based Other
Job ID: R-55620
A fantastic opportunity has arisen in the Aviva Risk Management Solutions team at Aviva. We are actively recruiting for a Composite Risk Consultant to join our North Region team. This is a home based role with UK travel involved.
Purpose of the Role
You will be responsible for the delivery of Risk Engineering through technical advice, information and support within your area of discipline in accordance with Group Underwriting and Risk Management policy and in support of SME and Corporate & Speciality Risk business plans. You will deliver a risk management service which supports the Company?s intention to be the leading Insurer in its chosen markets. You will complete risk engineering visits across a wide range of occupancies and complex risks and handle technical referrals from brokers, clients and colleagues. You will be required to act as a role model, coaching and mentoring less experienced colleagues to improve capability. You will positively contribute to the profit protection plans for UKGI. The role is a UK home-based role.
You?ll understand that working within our governance frameworks to make sure we?re risk compliant as an organisation is fundamental.
- Detailed knowledge of current risk management and loss prevention practices for Property and Business Interruption risks.
- Comprehensive knowledge of International fixed protection codes such as NFPA, EN, LPC, FM etc.
- Experience across a wide range of occupancies including manufacturing and warehouse/distribution.
- Excellent co-ordination skills when leading the risk engineering programmes for select accounts.
- Good knowledge of underwriting processes and ability to translate knowledge and experience into actions to effectively improve risk quality.
- Experienced at influencing and negotiating.
- Ability to analyse complex information and draw out the relevant facts.
- Good knowledge of product range and supporting systems.
- Excellent customer engagement skills in order to influence key contacts in the marketplace.
- Knowledge and ability to coach and guide less experienced engineers in own and wider teams.
- Familiarity with the relevant departmental and Aviva-wide policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Working knowledge of a range of standard computer software, e.g. Microsoft Office, email and ability to utilise same to enhance services.
- Educated to degree level desirable (Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical).
- Other relevant Industry specific qualifications such as AIRM, ACII
- CFPA European Diploma in Fire Safety Management, Fire Engineer qualifications (desirable)
- Annual completion of Aviva?s mandatory CBT?s.
What will I get from this role:
- Excellent salary package
- Annual performance related pay review and bonus
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- Generous holiday allowance
- Excellent flexi-benefits package
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we?ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva?s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959444217