As a software engineer based in Stafford you will be working with complex and technically advanced systems incorporating software based on standard modules with bespoke parameters and client specific functions. This role has key objectives of designing, developing and integrating of world-class Control & Protection software for VSC and LCC systems.
Global company in the Utilities sector with UK offices in Stafford are looking for a number of Software engineers to joint a multi-discipline engineering team to work on control systems software.
The provision of the GE HVDC Control system is critical to the success of each HVDC Contract awarded. These complex and technically advanced systems incorporate software based on standard modules with bespoke parameters and client specific functions. This role has key objectives of designing, developing and integrating of world-class Control & Protection software for VSC and LCC systems.
* Member of a multi-discipline engineering team to meet the project requirements throughout its life cycle.
* Full responsibility for wide area of software design work.
* Implement software QA activities, incl. code reviews, take part in project milestone and software release reviews, use of TDD-techniques.
* Prepare formal and informal engineering documentation (e.g. reports, specs, technical notes).
* Take part in the development and deployment of engineering processes, working methods and best practices within the Department.
* Enforcement of engineering discipline and set processes across all work tasks and adherence to company policies, quality procedures and work instructions (e.g. through trainings, technical reviews).
* Report or resolve any non-conformances in a timely manner.
* Degree Qualified in an Engineering Discipline ideally with a software content or equivalent knowledge & experience.
* Experience as Software Engineer / Senior Software Engineer
* Software development and software project delivery processes.* Knowledge and experience in Agile development practices (e.g. Scrum).
* Knowledge and experience in safety critical and/or control system software development practices (e.g. IEC 61508, IEC 62304).* Test Driven Design techniques (e.g. CI/Continuous Integration, Unit Testing, automated regression testing).
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
* Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
* Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
* Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
* Effective problem identification and solution skills.
* Proven analytical and organizational ability.
* Conceptual understanding of full stack of software and in-depth experience in more than one area (e.g. firmware, middleware, control algorithm).
* Knowledge of HVDC
* Knowledge of Power Electronics control system design
* Model-Based Design techniques (Matlab-Simulink)
* Software architecture and modelling (e.g. UML, SysML)
Working for this global Utilities company you will attract a salary of £45,000 - £55,000 with a full and indepth benefits package.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959511757